Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Calling a game a "free hit" isn't the same as writing it off.

Fair enough mate. I don’t see it has a free hit either. It is crucial we get a win for me regardless of the opposition now. That is what happens when you haven’t won in 14 games and have failed to beat what would be considered easier teams. We are bottom and bottom by some distance, on a diabolical run and with the pressure cranked up a notch with each game that passes and we fail to win. For me at this stage there are unfortunately no free hits or games that can be written off. We have gone someway past that stage.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Ive seen a few saying that we are not out of it and not dead and buried even now,  thats only because the season doesnt finish until May and we are still playing games.  For all intents and purposes we are as good as down already

but we are only down when mathematically impossible to stay up

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

How much would it piss fans off if Richards returns in place of Okore instead of Lescott? Just asking out of interest, especially considering that Lescott scored and that may sway Garde to put him back in.

Said it another thread. Worried it will happen as Okore is not completely fit to play so many games in short time

I truly have trouble understanding posters who seem to go out of their way to consistently post negative arguments that we are shit and always will be shit.  

I find myself liking overly rosy, high confidence posts, not because I think they are any better at foretelling the future, but because they don't require me to up my medications.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villarocker said:

How much would it piss fans off if Richards returns in place of Okore instead of Lescott? Just asking out of interest, especially considering that Lescott scored and that may sway Garde to put him back in.

I think this is quite likely for two reasons.

- Lescott is a left footed, left sided CB

- Garde made Lescott Captain v Southampton

Another option is to go with Lescott at LB

1 hour ago, KSV said:

well we should finally see our first choice CB partnership with Okore and Richards. That will help.

I have wondered about this.

We would then have 2 pretty darn quick centre backs, which will enable us to play a high defensive line.

And I've seen us try to play a high defensive line before, It's not pretty.

Anything would be brilliant against Arsenal.  The Bournemouth and Newcastle results are bad but don't completely kill us off.  For me it's all about the next four weeks and until then I'm remaining slightly hopeful.

If (big if) we can beat Norwich and Newcastle, the next four fixtures will make a massive difference.  And if we can't beat them, then we're done. 

Norwich have: Everton, Man U and Spurs + us. 0 points - still on 13 if we win.

Bournemouth have: Man U, Baggies, Palace and Arsenal. +2? - 15

Newcastle: Spurs, us, Everton, Baggies. +1? - 14

Sunderland: Watford, Chelsea, Citeh and Liverpool. +1? - 13

We'd be on 12, assuming nothing from Arsenal or West Ham. And it's game on.  (Also assuming Baggies keep drawing and the big teams pull their fingers out).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Ive seen a few saying that we are not out of it and not dead and buried even now,  thats only because the season doesnt finish until May and we are still playing games.  For all intents and purposes we are as good as down already

Richard, If we had turned the corner it would be nip & tuck, we haven't even done that yet.

53 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I think I would definitely class as one of the negative posters and believe we're screwed... BUT it's just a symptom of how I lot of people use the internet, to get it off their chest, to rant and rave. It's a bit like saying how horrible your family are... but if anyone not from your family says it to you their so wrong!

I definitely post on here a lot more when we're rubbish (I've obviously needed to quit my job to camp on here the last five years!) but it's just a way of getting the frustration out, screaming and having a tantrum! At VP I support them 100% every week.

We're all here because we love Villa and just deal with the situation in different ways. I'm a supporter who rants and raves but goes every week. Others might be overly positive and opimistic but are staying away from VP til we improve. Neither is the 'right' or 'wrong' way.

Me the same.... I will state all the negatives on here, but when I'm in the ground if I feel like being negative I go home, because I am no use to anyone.

Thats my big issue with the negative /positive debate.....The only way the team will prosper is through positive means, I know it is frustrating to see some of the stuff we see, but thats up to the Manager to deal with.

If I feel I cannot hide my frustration for 90 minutes, I keep away.

I am not saying the supporters that show their disgust are any way bad supporters....We all have our own way of dealing with it....I just don't think it helps.

Edited by TRO

the more I look at the table the more depressing it seems, really its 8 points behind as our goal difference is poorer as well.

think of this logically we need to win at least 3 wins on the bounce (we cant even buy one let alone get three in a row and thats hoping all the rest of the teams lose)

this is the same villa that hasnt been able to win a game by more than one goal in how many games,when we did know how to win? I know there is plenty of points to play for but i think its over already for us, we need a absolute miracle to stay up. dont even think alex ferguson could get us out of this mess.

get ready for the games against brentford and coventry :( 

Some people arent  bothered by relegation as I think they see it as a stripping back completely in order to come back stronger and reborn,  or that the top division is so broken that it would be making a stand against then way football is that we should play lower down the pyramid in a why should we be a part of it anyway statement.  I am resigned to relegation but I think it would be a disaster for us.  We are a top club and should be competing at the top level no matter if it is broken or what we should be there.  To not be there and  to be away from it for a few years as i suspect we will or would need to be to strip back before being reborn would be nothing less than catastrophic for us

• Like 4

If we were to come back up straight away then i don't think Relegation would be too bad.

But I have no confidence in us doing that in our current state.

Hopefully Garde will have us performing better by the end of the season and will stay into next season if we go down.

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

get ready for the games against brentford and coventry :( 

At least we’ll win and score some goals which might be enjoyable; as we don’t do that in this league anymore.

Football is meant to be enjoyable and constant seasons of naff football and fighting relegation; its about time we go down. Its not guaranteed but hopefully we can get back to winning some games and celebrating some goals.

We will be relegated this season, discussions to the contrary are futile imo.

• Like 1

to expand on my point ,  we may not be a top four club or a title challenging club but there is more to being a top club than that.  Certainly under the previous owner we were seen as one.  As being a top 6 club.  If we are no longer to be seen as top 6 contenders then it is one ,ore piece of evidence to suggest Lerner is a worse owner than Ellis

Â