Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

I'm not saying we should have won the game. I just think the final 25/30 minutes were a good opportunity to bring on attacking players and push and get all 3 points. 

In reality the game should have been over after 10 minutes, but we found ourselves in a decent position in the 2nd half to capitalise on the missed opportunities. I didn't think that was too complicated to follow.

Before Allerdyce took over Sunderland looked worse than us. The only teams that have beaten us by more than the odd goal are Everton and Spurs. One win is all we need to build some confidence. I'm not accepting defeat until I see how many points we have by January. 

Btw Liverpool fans are already saying they should sell Benteke in Jan. What's chances of a sneaky loan move to save our seasons and his Euro Championships dream? 

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not saying we should have won the game. I just think the final 25/30 minutes were a good opportunity to bring on attacking players and push and get all 3 points. 

In reality the game should have been over after 10 minutes, but we found ourselves in a decent position in the 2nd half to capitalise on the missed opportunities. I didn't think that was too complicated to follow.

Had we done this and lost then it would have been more than just a point lost, any sort of confidence the players had from keeping Sunderland from creating to many chances the second half would have been shot to pieces. Southampton winning yesterday after we had the lead would have effectively relegated us in my opinion. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I guess we'll see how much Lerner really cares about the club next month. Will he pull another Darren Bent-esque move?

If we are still in contention I could see us being January's biggest spenders. Similar to Pardew's French signings a few seasons back which eventually kept them up. 

he will care about his 'investment' 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Before Allerdyce took over Sunderland looked worse than us. The only teams that have beaten us by more than the odd goal are Everton and Spurs. One win is all we need to build some confidence. I'm not accepting defeat until I see how many points we have by January. 

Btw Liverpool fans are already saying they should sell Benteke in Jan. What's chances of a sneaky loan move to save our seasons and his Euro Championships dream? 

Can we loan Benteke from Liverpool if we've already got Ilori on loan?

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Had we done this and lost then it would have been more than just a point lost, any sort of confidence the players had from keeping Sunderland from creating to many chances the second half would have been shot to pieces. Southampton winning yesterday after we had the lead would have effectively relegated us in my opinion. 

And a win could have spiked confidence and helped us put together a run. 

We're not going to get out of this mess by playing it safe and getting the odd draw here and there.

Newcastle winning wasn't ideal, but we need to take matters into our own hands and get the business done ourselves, because it doesn't look like anybody is going to be doing us any favours. The thing that differs between us and the teams above us is belief (and a bit of quality, obviously). Successful teams play to win, but at the minute, it looks like we're just playing to not lose, which isn't working because we can't defend.

• Like 2

Both had teams  playing ok we have been crap all last season and this one . We have no chance sadly the table don't lie. We are S###t you can't keep polishing a turd. Until the sunk goes we will continue to spiral out of control making crap football decisions! We are down . So every one need to wake up and smell the coffee......

• Like 1

Looking bleak. Arsenal will complete their routine (or what seems like it anyway) win at Villa Park next week. We won't get near them even with injuries. Newcastle is a big game. I think we're down but there's the slightest glimmer of going on a run if we win that. They looked as scared of the ball as we are, just a shame Liverpool were bloody awful.

We have dropped 10 points from winning positions this season. Hardly playing crap all season. Leicester Palace Sunderland Watford.. all games we should have won. We just need to get the monkey off the back.. quicker the better.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KSV said:

We have dropped 10 points from winning positions this season. Hardly playing crap all season. Leicester Palace Sunderland Watford.. all games we should have won. We just need to get the monkey off the back.. quicker the better.

Equally could be said Man City, Southampton we should have lost and Bournemouth was probably a draw based on how far ahead they could have been after the first half. All this would of, could of, should of is kind of pointless - we are where we are, we are universally seen as playing poorly more often than not and we have one of the biggest challenges to survive that any team has ever had.

The question really is can we improve from this point forward so that there is no doubt we deserved to win a game? And can we get enough of them? 

31 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Equally could be said Man City, Southampton we should have lost and Bournemouth was probably a draw based on how far ahead they could have been after the first half. All this would of, could of, should of is kind of pointless - we are where we are, we are universally seen as playing poorly more often than not and we have one of the biggest challenges to survive that any team has ever had.

The question really is can we improve from this point forward so that there is no doubt we deserved to win a game? And can we get enough of them? 

yeah i know but my argument is we havent been shit 'all season' we could have had more points based on our performances. Just like Leicester last season before they finally kicked in to gear. I am still hopefuly we will go on a few small runs.. ie 2-3 wins in 5 games.. every now and then till the end of the year. I know we wont do a Leicester and win 7 out of 8 to stay up so we cant keep it too late like they did in April.

28 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

So by Christmas they were three points behind, by April they were 6 but with a game in hand. And they survived. If we're in either position by those milestones then I'll hold some hope, but I only see the gap being bigger by Xmas, not smaller.

• Like 2

Â