Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

4 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

We needed 3 wins more than the others before Bournemouth and Newcastle won, and we still do now.

The only real impact is if they have a massive confidence boost and go on a good run.

But those teams are winning games and we aren't. So while we need 3 wins now, that's more than likely going to be higher in a couple of weeks times. 

So while its currently not changed what we need its shown its going to continue to be very difficult to get 3 wins while the rest of them get nothing.

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But those teams are winning games and we aren't. So while we need 3 wins now, that's more than likely going to be higher in a couple of weeks times. 

So while its currently not changed what we need its shown its going to continue to be very difficult to get 3 wins while the rest of them get nothing.

Lets worry about that if/when it happens! We've got enough to worry about already!

38 minutes ago, Mantis said:

The Newcastle result doesn't change much for me as we were already well in the shit.

This is just me trying to put a positive spin on things but I think it'll be easier for us to come back up if we go down with say Norwich and Bournemouth than Newcastle and Sunderland.

I think the last part is true

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I can't speak for others but I wouldn't. A point does nothing for us. 

We took off a striker for a holding midfield player once they scored. I didn't think that showed the sort of attacking intent we require in games like that.

Well I'll take your word for it, even if I don't quite believe it.

But I can guarantee there would be a lot of people slating Garde if we'd gone gung ho and ended up losing 2-1. 

We need to go out to beat Arsenal. Think about it, Wenger will be thinking his protégé will be playing for a draw. Look at our situation, we're absolutely F*****. It would be the way to play 999 times out of 1000. Pack the midfield and defence and hope to cling on.

Let's not. Arsenal's defence isnt great, and they are suffering with injuries. Sod the form book. Let's fight fire with fire. It will be the thing they least expect. And they lost to bloody baggies for God's sake, and got outplayed for periods by Sunderland. Chuck on Traore, keep Sanchez as an anchor, get Gil just behind Ayew, and play through the middle. No long ball look for the pass and get into them early. We could win this.

• Like 1

No one expected Bournemouth to win at Stamford Bridge and Liverpool were on fire!...that is football for you...why we love it and why we hate it

Just keeps putting us back on the back foot, if ever Remi thought he had a challenge on his hands I'd say it was almost an impossible task

Still gottta believe, but the odds are dwindling

UTV!

Deluded one till the end

• Like 1

I refuse to believe that our problem is that the players are not good enough. I think Sherwood completely mis-managed this squad to the point of them all being completely shot of confidence and belief. Our players don't look like they are enjoying football, and that mentality will drag you down. Our problems are all mental.

I do wonder how different things would look had we beaten Leicester.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I refuse to believe that our problem is that the players are not good enough. I think Sherwood completely mis-managed this squad to the point of them all being completely shot of confidence and belief. Our players don't look like they are enjoying football, and that mentality will drag you down. Our problems are all mental.

I do wonder how different things would look had we beaten Leicester.

Agreed.

I think come the end of the season we'll have shown good enough form to stay up if we hadn't have had such a disastrous start. I still look at the players we signed in the summer and think a lot of them are good players.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well I'll take your word for it, even if I don't quite believe it.

But I can guarantee there would be a lot of people slating Garde if we'd gone gung ho and ended up losing 2-1. 

Why don't you believe it? I've said I think Garde will do well here and I don't think he can be blamed for the mess here. I'm not looking for reasons to have a go at Garde. I just wish we'd have gone for the victory.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why don't you believe it? I've said I think Garde will do well here and I don't think he can be blamed for the mess here. I'm not looking for reasons to have a go at Garde. I just wish we'd have gone for the victory.

If we had gone for the win and lost do you think you'd be saying the same?

Just now, DCJonah said:

I wouldn't have criticised him for it. Why would I if he did what I think he should of?

I'm not saying you would have criticised him. I was just wondering.

I know we see this differently but I think there are times when you go for the win and times where you take the point. I actually think this was neither as I do think we went for it, just not as much as some would have liked.

Southampton are a good side on a poor run of form but definitely not, as others have said, there for the taking. Especially not by us.

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

I'm not saying you would have criticised him. I was just wondering.

I know we see this differently but I think there are times when you go for the win and times where you take the point. I actually think this was neither as I do think we went for it, just not as much as some would have liked.

Southampton are a good side on a poor run of form but definitely not, as others have said, there for the taking. Especially not by us.

This.

We certainly didn't shut up shop at 1-0 or 1-1. We were still attacking.

No, it wasn't all out attack, but that would have been suicidal in a game where we were already conceding plenty of chances. 

People seem to be saying in one breath how many chances Southampton had, and then in the next breath saying we should have won the game. It doesn't make sense.

39 minutes ago, thunderball said:

It's the only record we don't yet hold. But rest assured we are really trying hard for it.

I Believe the quickest confirmed relegation was in March 2008 and currently held by Derby.

Edited by Kingman

Â