Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

8 minutes ago, bretonvilla said:

Having just seen Newcastle give Leicester a decent game , its very apparent that even they are so far ahead of us in quality . We really are in a league of our own

Ashley rolled the dice twice,

once in the transfer window

once by changing a joke of a manager (that may soon be appointed by RL if he has his way) Shteeev McClaren for Benitez (a real coup by the way)

I can see them staying up and clinching it at VP us already down.

Randy Lerner the most incapable owner of a football club the world will ever see.

Having just seen Newcastle give Leicester a decent game , its very apparent that even they are so far ahead of us in quality . We really are in a league of our own

We've given Leicester a game twice this season.

One of them we played them off the park for 70 minutes.

• Like 3

Don't see what the fuss is about. Remember Micah Richards the captain of Aston Villa football club claims they are "trying" so "moaning isn't going to help" the team. Like the management the players also seemingly think we are all customers so accept it even when relegation is confirmed and don't moan. Remember "we are all in this together".

We lost 5 games in a row, and in those 5 games our distance from safety has only increased by 1 point. We really missed a trick there. Just 2 wins in those 5 and even with the rest defeats and we'd only be 3 points behind Sunderland and Norwich.

That's the most frustrating thing about it all for me. If those losers had put the effort in and put in a few 90min battling performances we (c)would be in with a fighting chance. 

I can empathise and forgive to a degree the foreign players new to the league, who have wilted but I can't excuse Lescott, Richards, Gabby etc who are all seasoned Premier league players giving up and showing no fight. Good riddance to them! 

• Like 3

If we lose to Swansea and Chelsea do we get relegated at home to Bournemouth if that is a loss? Obviously depends on other teams results but they'd be only 4 games after that wouldn't there and we're 9 behind as it is now...In a morbid sort of way I also want to be there when we go down and am certainly going to the  Bournemouth game.

In some ways I hope it happens at VP so the players and board can get it all at the final whistle....going down at somewhere like Old Trafford with 1k fans tucked in the corner and the players quickly getting off the pitch wouldn't have the same impact.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If we lose to Swansea and Chelsea do we get relegated at home to Bournemouth if that is a loss? Obviously depends on other teams results but they'd be only 4 games after that wouldn't there and we're 9 behind as it is now...In a morbid sort of way I also want to be there when we go down and am certainly going to the  Bournemouth game.

In some ways I hope it happens at VP so the players and board can get it all at the final whistle....going down at somewhere like Old Trafford with 1k fans tucked in the corner and the players quickly getting off the pitch wouldn't have the same impact.

Knowing this team they'll fail to even give us this little tidbit of satisfaction.

There'd be a certain sense of irony going down to Bournemouth, having started the season with a win against them.  And it being a newly promoted team doing us, not one of the big clubs. Sounds about right.

20 hours ago, BOF said:

I don't think United fans in general would take a whole lot of joy in relegating us actually.  Quite apart from the fact that we're an almost nailed on 6 points for them every season, there's a fair bit of respect between the clubs, relatively no animosity and as one of the grand old establishment they'd probably rather be seeing the back of the likes of Bournemouth etc.  It's only direct rivals with delusions of grandeur like Newcastle who will revel in our drop.

In all fairness to Newcastle. I remember the game at VP when they were relegated. We gave them such grief i'd only expect the same in return.

5 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

In all fairness to Newcastle. I remember the game at VP when they were relegated. We gave them such grief i'd only expect the same in return.

Absolutely.  I expect nothing less.  I just suspect that even if that had never happened, they'd relish it just as much.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, spiezels said:

They hate for that, so I expect a good go back. It's only fair. Footy bants

Yeah but that will be our only remaining win this season and we'll drag them down with us.  :D

• Like 4

23 hours ago, BOF said:

I don't think United fans in general would take a whole lot of joy in relegating us actually.  Quite apart from the fact that we're an almost nailed on 6 points for them every season, there's a fair bit of respect between the clubs, relatively no animosity and as one of the grand old establishment they'd probably rather be seeing the back of the likes of Bournemouth etc.  It's only direct rivals with delusions of grandeur like Newcastle who will revel in our drop.

Obviously not from Birmingham so you'll be famaliar with those wierd creatures called Brummie Reds who can't stand anything to do with Villa (apart from getting tickets in the home games at VP) and like those pluckly little heroes from Small Heath. Plenty of times I've heard their away fans sing SOTV at VP.

Actually looking forward to not playing them for once next season although we'll then get them in both cup games I'd imagine.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Obviously not from Birmingham so you'll be famaliar with those wierd creatures called Brummie Reds who can't stand anything to do with Villa (apart from getting tickets in the home games at VP) and like those pluckly little heroes from Small Heath. Plenty of times I've heard their away fans sing SOTV at VP.

Actually looking forward to not playing them for once next season although we'll then get them in both cup games I'd imagine.

I can understand why a "Brummie Red" would be a slightly different sub-species which would be more obsessed and less enamoured with the Villa.

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah but that will be our only remaining win this season and we'll drag them down with us.  :D

That would be hilarious and it could well happen, well not actually winning the game but holding them to draw as Newcastle need as many wins as possible in the run in.

Had a look on their forum and they've got a thread dedicated for us, some of them claiming to hate us even more than Sunderland so yes so good if they all come to VP to sing and taunt at our demise...and then the final whistle goes and they're as good as down themselves and down with the Villa is ringing in their ears.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I can understand why a "Brummie Red" would be a slightly different sub-species which would be more obsessed and less enamoured with the Villa.

Well two of them are some of my best friends in life so that's probably where I get that opinion from!:D

On 13 March 2016 at 11:46, Kingman said:

I Dont know whats worse? 

Getting relegated at home to Bournemouth or a week later at surrounded by cockney mancs. 

Sadly i think our fate will be rubber stamped over one of those weekends.

If I had to choose out of those two I'd say Bournemouth. I have four friends who are man utd fans who would love nothing more than to send us down (having constantly bitched about their "problems" this season).

So not man utd and not the geordies for reasons stated previously. Anyone else is ok (well, as ok as it can be).

By my calculations, if Newcastle get 7 points from their next 3 games (or either Naaarch or Sunderland 6) and we lose all 3, we are down, relegated at the Bournemouth match. It's more likely to be drawn out longer. My money is still on going down when we lose at home to Southampton.

Â