Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

the worst part of all for me is that in last 6 games Norwich, SUnderland or NEwcastle have barely pulled away from relegation. If we had of got maybe 2 wins in last 6 we back in contention :(

• Like 4

On March 20, 2016 at 06:27, markavfc40 said:

There is a very big pull towards wanting that to happen. I think if they do come down with us though it makes it tougher for us to come back up next season. I think for that reason I would rather see Norwich drop.

As for us it looks likely relegation will be confirmed against Bournemouth at home. Just the final indignity really. An ever present of the Premier League with all the riches that has brought into the club having relegation confirmed against Bournemouth, a small club in their first season in the Prem, who will comfortably stay up. It says it all about how poorly this club has been run.

Devastating post, and true

19 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Well I know thats a wishful thinking but what do we have else to think.

Leicester to be sure securing the title and not letting Spurs get it.

Dare to say it, but West Ham to go to the CL rather than the Mancs.

The above quote makes you realise just how poorly run we have been. Leicester and West Ham, who we've out-spent massively in the past, winning the league and finishing in the Champions League places. 

I'd love for General Krulak to come on here and explain his take on why/how that's possible for clubs like Leicester, Spurs and possibly West Ham when our club - via him - were telling us that the spending power of the big four of Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal meant that breaking into the Champions League was impossible for other clubs. 

Lerner put all his eggs in one basket with O'Neil. Instead of putting blind faith in one man he should have just swung the axe at the end of his third season, when fans were saying that the signings and quality of football were not good enough to break the top four, and brought a new man in to improve on the squad we had and kept trying for top four. We would have got there eventually if Lerner had the balls to keep trying. Spurs have proven that persistence pays off! 

Persistence has paid off for Lerner because he's finally going to relegate us after a few years of trying! 

Edited by villarocker

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant wait for the "push for promotion thread" instead of seeing the same relegation thread each season

We will probably be sick of that thread too after a couple of seasons...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Of this mythical 'competitive' league.  Yeah yeah.  We'll see.  We've a top Championship striker sitting on our bench most weeks.  We send kids who can't get into our shit team down to the Championship to get experience.  We albeit mistakenly sold a player who we thought wasn't good enough for us to a Championship team.  He now sits on top of the Premier League.  If we keep telling ourselves the Championship is this big tough cauldron of battle-hardened quality cutting each other's throats then we'll go down petrified of the place.  Rather than the motley collection of subpar kids, past-it pensioners and opportunistic Z-list foreigners that it actually is.  If we apply ourselves properly, there's no reason we don't go down there and murder everyone.

In other words we need to stop putting it on a pedestal.  It'll become a self-fulfilling prophecy if we go down believing that shit.

The players we have, and the players will are capable of signing,have the ability to rip up the league. Someone needs to give them the mentality, confidence and motivation to do so, which they are badly lacking. 

Didnt they say the same thing when we relegated newcastle, that they would struggle to come back and they smashed the league. honestly I do think if we get moyes in and can get 5-6 quality additions we can walk the league. there is noway we are going to do back to back relegations. Thats pundits just talking crap. Ayew and Grealish alone single handingly beat blose (who are one of the better sides in the league)

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Didnt they say the same thing when we relegated newcastle, that they would struggle to come back and they smashed the league. honestly I do think if we get moyes in and can get 5-6 quality additions we can walk the league. there is noway we are going to do back to back relegations. Thats pundits just talking crap. Ayew and Grealish alone single handingly beat blose (who are one of the better sides in the league)

difference is Newcastle had battle hardened characters like Nolan, Smith, Barton, Carroll who would put in the graft. We have Micah Richards and Rudy Gestede who go out for a leisurely stroll every weekend

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

difference is Newcastle had battle hardened characters like Nolan, Smith, Barton, Carroll who would put in the graft. We have Micah Richards and Rudy Gestede who go out for a leisurely stroll every weekend

We need to wait until after the summer to say who we do or do not have.  Whoever comes in as manager is going to be given SOME degree of spending.  If we recruit properly then as I say, there's no reason we don't 'do a Newcastle' down there.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

We need to wait until after the summer to say who we do or do not have.  Whoever comes in as manager is going to be given SOME degree of spending.  If we recruit properly then as I say, there's no reason we don't 'do a Newcastle' down there.

I would agree with this Zatman, if its same personnel this season (unlikely in my eyes) then I would agree with you but its too early to say as we dont know what players we will have next season or manager. We are capable of bouncing back. We are in a better position than say Norwich who signed a load of average players and gambled

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Absolutely but I know that we will be stuck with a lot of these clowns as other teams arent as stupid as Villa and sign them :P

Well there is always Sunderland :D

1 hour ago, Ikantcpell said:

We can still turn this around, cmon you mighty villa boys!!

I'm going to assume you are serious for a minute.

If we win all 7 remaining games this will give us 37 points which still only give us a 50/50 chance.

We still have to play Man United, Arsenal and Manchester City away.

We don't even look like drawing a game never mind winning one.

I wouldn't bet on it at 100000-1 with monopoly money. 

Edited by supernova26

To win games and murder the opposition you need players that try and actually give a shit. Unfortunately for us, that's where we are failing. 

I'm surprised that people actually want this crop of players to stay, thinking they'll actually change their ability and attitude in the Championship. I wouldn't trust them at all and think, like many ex players, that this bunch will struggle if they stay on. 

Â