Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

Yep we did buy a West Brom reject. Many Villa fans just convinced themselves otherwise

I don't think that is correct. We wanted him and he wanted to join us - he was West Brom's player of the season so hardly a reject!

Well they didn't want him. Evans would have been a much better signing

Fact is that we only paid a minimal amount. If he held such importance, they would've saw better value in keeping him for this season even if he didn't renew. As I remember also, Pulis played him at left-back on many occasions anyway which says a lot.

• Like 1

I don't think his positioning was good

He played the entire baggies team onside because he was stood on the goal line you don't defend like that unless your the last man and your keeper is in no man's land or your defending a corner

• Like 2

Waste of a squad number. Never rated him, never will and nothing I've seen so far will convince me otherwise.

You are right, he's a charlatan. How he managed to con numerous top level club managers and England managers into believing he was any good is something David Blaine would be proud of :rolleyes:

Seriously, Lescott is much better than Clark. He's just had a slow start that's all

Waste of a squad number. Never rated him, never will and nothing I've seen so far will convince me otherwise.

Im sure he looks at his 26 England caps and 2 Premier League title medals and wonders if only supervillan78 rated me as highly

• Like 2

Was at the WBA match and I think he's an alright acquisition based on his experience but against better teams we'll get ripped to pieces; he's slow and his distribution is awful as every time he got the ball he hit it down the channel long-ball style.

Â