• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Couldnt ask for more. Might be little fear from what we saw in the first half. But we played some good balls during the 2nd half. Maybe no much creativity but considering that its many players first game and without our main creative players in Gil and Grealish.

what encouraged me a lot and made my expectations was Gestede beast mode. Could give the same effect of air balls as Benteke. Might not be as good on feet yet hes a really bright signing for the club hopefully.

Amavi and Gueye had good games. Still would like to see more from them and from Veretout. Good approach fromTim .. good performance from Micah. UTV !

What a player we have in Amavi. Hugely impressed with his contributions today. Defence was brilliant except for the occasional disappearing act from Bacuna. Veretout is physically bigger than I thought. He did some encouraging stuff in the middle. Gueye was exactly what we hoped. And Rudy coming on to put the whole thing to bed. Fantastic result. Very interesting game on so many levels. Can't wait for this lot to really click.

• Like 4

finally a great left back!!!

Amavi was absolutely outstanding he looks the real deal, and at such a young age will get better and better.

Great win for us not easy having so many new players. bring on the champions league haha

worst possible time to play Bournemouth, our new team versus their newly promoted lot, them at home in the sunshine and the media with all that happy copy already written with their witty headlines ready to roll

sweet

• Like 2

Clark, Richards, Amavi and Gueye were excellent. Gestede may turn out to be our best buy this window.

We struggled first half, looked disjointed, which I was expecting. We were much better second half and passing and movement much better. Can only get better, we have some good ball players in there now, they only need to gel and we could have a good season.

Guzan's distribution was terrible, and he should have realised that there was no one to hold up the ball before Gestede came on. It is frustrating, as he also made important saves.

A very good 3 points.  :)  :)  :)

Just echoing a few points already made.

Very happy with the win, today was always going to a tricky game. Second half was a massive improvement.

Clark & Richards, occasional errors aside, were good. Veretout look decent and will only get better. Gana (Gueye) very good, gabby was better as the game went on, Sinclair was our biggest threat in the first half. Ayew initially looked bright but seemed to disappear.

Amavi was out best player. Gestede is going to be a problem for the opposition defences.

Great support from us today (could be easily heard via the dodgy feed which I was watching). Nice one Tim, another win on Friday please.

• Like 1

Much happier about second half. Felt Gana and Amavi was the standout players today. Gestede looks immense in the air, great goal as well.

Some good signs here for sure.

I'm slow on the uptake - who's Gana?

Gueye.  Seems he prefers to have Gana on his shirt.

Thanks for that :)

Gana is his middle name.

Didn't play great but won at least we don't have to put up with the "Cherry" Buckake. The ref was incredibly lenient in their favour and should really explain that mystery 5 minutes when nobody received injury treatment at all!   

there was a 2 minute stoppage for injury around the 56th minute - forget who was injured - was one of theirs.

Also, ref must add 30 seconds per sub: 6 x 30 seconds is 3 minutes.

There is your 5 added minutes.

YIPPEEE awesomeness!!!!

Couldn't watch the match due to travelling. Was shitting myself watching the highlights (thanks Chewie!).

Wow, Rudy is great, he'll be our number one scorer for sure!

Such a relief. Thank you team, thank you Tim.

Edited by AVTuco

can people please stop saying "glad we showed pundits/bookies wrong". Results orientated thinking in this thread at its worst! Really guys.

we got outplayed most of the game. Dam we was pretty poor!

glad we got the 3 points. But please stop with media bashing lol

Edited by gharperr

Pretty much every "expert" said we would lose. I didn't see a single one say we would win. 

That is a pretty good reason to media bash.

I haven't seen any of the game yet so I can't say if we were pretty poor or not. But I would take playing pretty poor and winning 1-0 every week

• Like 1

Â