• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

can people please stop saying "glad we showed pundits/bookies wrong". Results orientated thinking in this thread at its worst! Really guys.

we got outplayed most of the game. Dam we was pretty poor!

glad we got the 3 points. But please stop with media bashing lol

Who do you work for then?

Pretty much every "expert" said we would lose. I didn't see a single one say we would win. 

That is a pretty good reason to media bash.

I haven't seen any of the game yet so I can't say if we were pretty poor or not. But I would take playing pretty poor and winning 1-0 every week

Saying this, and then saying "good reason to bash" is lol.

I would say pundits were pretty spot on. Run a sim on this game over 1000 times, and i bet we would lose more than we win. We looked so so poor majority of the game.

Again. stop thinking results orientated on one game whether to media bash or not.

Edited by gharperr

Pretty much every "expert" said we would lose. I didn't see a single one say we would win. 

I haven't seen any of the game yet so I can't say if we were pretty poor or not. But I would take playing pretty poor and winning 1-0 every week

I would say pundits were pretty spot on. Run a sim on this game over 1000 times, and i bet we would lose more than we win. We looked so poor

It's a good reason to bash because they all said we would lose and we won.

Who cares about playing the game on a sim. That means nothing. The game was played and we won. 3 points. Nothing else matters.

I would say pundits were pretty spot on. Run a sim on this game over 1000 times, and i bet we would lose more than we win. We looked so poor

It's a good reason to bash because they all said we would lose and we won.

Who cares about playing the game on a sim. That means nothing. The game was played and we won. 3 points. Nothing else matters.

Jesus. so much fail. As i said before, dont be results orientated to bash the media/bookies. 

Lets pick an extreme example: if chelsea play brentford, the media/bookies have chelsea to be favourites...If brentford beat chelsea...have "brentford showed the bookies/media wrong"? no, they havent. Its called variance. We didnt show the bookies/media wrong because we got outplayed and managed to smash and grab a 1-0 win lol.

Edited by gharperr

Missed the game as I had to go with my dad to A&E and had no signal so couldn't check the score. Just checked it now and I'm so happy!!! Gestede!! Knew he'd score so I'm glad I've got him on my fantasy team!

Hope your Dad's OK, Ismail. If he's a Villa fan it should help!

His heading technique and posture during the connection is something else.

Have we discovered another Tony Hateley?

Another Andy Lochhead, even!
  • Like 1

Missed the game as I had to go with my dad to A&E and had no signal so couldn't check the score. Just checked it now and I'm so happy!!! Gestede!! Knew he'd score so I'm glad I've got him on my fantasy team!

Hope your Dad's OK, Ismail. If he's a Villa fan it should help!

His heading technique and posture during the connection is something else.

Have we discovered another Tony Hateley?

Another Andy Lochhead, even!
Thanks mooney! He's fine now, he had pains in his left arm and chest but all seems good. But unfortunately he's a Liverpool fan. [emoji14]
  • Like 1

32% thought that was a poor performance and 16% very poor!

Christ knows how you would have marked it if we'd lost.

And I'm assuming this 48% have had brainfades and totally forgotten just how dire we were last season.

Where are you getting these stats? If it's from the polls in this thread then I think you've misread them.

can people please stop saying "glad we showed pundits/bookies wrong". Results orientated thinking in this thread at its worst! Really guys.

Why not? Most of them were certain we were going to lose yet we won. They were wrong.

I would say pundits were pretty spot on. Run a sim on this game over 1000 times, and i bet we would lose more than we win. We looked so so poor majority of the game.

Again. stop thinking results orientated on one game whether to media bash or not.

I think "so so poor majority of the game" doesn´t sound right because hardly anyone in this thread or in various media reports or BBC livetext writers have gone that negative in their assessment... poor sounds like a fair description of the first half, maybe very poor (with only two shots and neither on target, for example, I was really pissed off!) but the first half is only half of the game, not the majority. It sounds like we were quite good in the second half, at the very least ok (five shots, three on target... much better). 

Edited by robby b

Best headed goal for us for a long long time, he gonna be some player based on that second half, the other played well, Guzans distribution was a bit shit but that save was top draw, Bacunna was also a bit to easy to get passed but hey ho , top performance cheers lads, happy to be a villa fan and happy to be wrong, vi va the revolution

Wow, good thing for us football isn't governed by a set of algorithms.

Do we now have to accept that football fans judge all in stats, potential FUT ratings, how someone performed when they bought them on FM etc etc etc

Honestly I'm both bored and sick of it but if this is the new world then maybe I'm the problem rather than the solution?

Captain Clark, MOTM .... And a big **** *** to all the clever media pundits.

In particular, Paul Merson who seems eager to go the way of many ex villans in finding it really hard to find a good word to say about us

It's no different to a percentage of our own fans though, to be fair.

Excellent result. Considering the time the new players have been together and how motivated Bournemouth would have been going into the game, I'm extremely happy despite the narrow win.

Rudy is the French Beast!

People can and will bash the media, so why not just let them get on with it? You moaning about it isn't going to stop them. Edited by Rob182
  • Like 1

Â