• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Very impressed with gueye and amavi. Rudy was great too. Would love to see Grealish and Gil either side of Rudy. Although Gabby was great when Rudy came on. Complimented each other well.

Agree with the commentator though. We need two or three more signings.

Poor first half much improved second. Great to get a result when not the best performance and overall 6 debutants. Richards and Clark seemed solid. Gested is going to be a Villa favourite. Gabby and Sinclair need to do more. Guzan needs to learn how to kick. Westwood and Bacuna need to be replaced and Ayew needs to improve massively. Overall a good start to the season.

Great result, lots of promise. I thought Richards and Clark were rock solid but Guzan's kicking is a worry. Amavi looks a great prospect and great headed goal from Rudy. Proves Westwood's corners aren't bad, you just need the right man to attack them. Richards my MOTM

Fantastic result. Just what we needed to settle the new boys in.

The game against Man Utd now has much less pressure on it and is a "free hit".

The back 4 were excellent, Guzan was good other than his kicking. Richards/Clark looks a good partnership and the fullbacks looked great.

Midfield was decent, Westwood was solid, Veretout and Gueye will improve.

Sinclair and Gabby were decent, but looked better second half with Gestede giving them an option.

Ayew did ok, nothing memorable. 

I have a feeling our front 3 against Man Utd will be Sinclair, Gestede and Gabby.

Well done Tim.

Hopefully it's Grealish, Gustede & Gil

Huge result!!!

Glad to see the change in the second half. Tim must have had a few words.

Great header from Rudy. Gueye looked decent. Veretout grew into the game before being subbed. Clark and Richards were solid. But for me, Amavi was top class. Looks a class class player.

The team will continue to gel and pick up their fitness.

Â