mwj

What song for Traore?

To the tune of Volare:

Traore woa oh

Traore woa a woa oh

He came from Barcelona

To give us all a boner

Good luck with that one bud...

It's not that inconceivable. My favourite chant from last season...

We'll be running round the bullring with our willys hanging out,

We'll be running round the bullring with our willys hanging out,

We'll be running round the bullring,

Running round the bullring,

Running round the bullring with our willys hanging out,

Singing I've got a bigger one than you (IT'S **** MASSIVE!),

etc...

• Like 1

Adama Traore to Aston Villa: The details from Catalan press

adama.jpg?width=750

Adama Traore was apparently still toying with the idea of joining Aston Villa on Tuesday, and it seems he made his mind up very quickly indeed. Catalan newspaper Mundo Deportivo say that Adama (and we're still toying with whether it's Adama or Traore) passed an Aston Villa medical on Wednesday and the deal is agreed.

Well, almost agreed. The transfer fee will be €10m plus a further €2m based on bonus options. Mundo Deportivo say Barcelona will have a buyback clause, which had been a cause of confusion over recent days. The amount for that clause hasn't been settled yet, the only thing left to be done. 

Mundo Deportivo say that Adama had several proposals from clubs in the Premier League and beyond but picked the 'daisy' in Aston Villa, we'd assume that to be a good thing. It sounds like the youngster has really taken time to think about his future and go for what he thinks is the best option, there's been no rushing into this.

Aston Villa will be getting themselves another exciting youngster to add to Tim Sherwood's exciting young squad. It would appear Adama has been chosen instead of Dennis Praet, only time will tell if that was the right choice.

A three year deal makes sense for a 19 y.o. Bound to be a [relatively] low starting salary (£15k pw) for renewal as he develops. If he is all he promises to be then he re-signs next summer for a new 4 year contract (£30k pw). Everyone is happy.i

Edited by thunderball

Get the **** in. There's never been a time where we've had so many players that I'm excited to see play and how they will develop over the next few years

Likewise. A week is much too bloody long to wait between matches at the moment. Even if only half these signings are as good as they look...

We already know that Sherwood is very hands on with all aspects of being the Villa manager, but you get the feeling that his passion and enthusiasm for what he's trying to achieve really shines through to the new recruits. The man knows how to sell his vision for Aston Villa.

Am i right in thinking that Mark Hughes wasn't even around when Traore visited Stoke? I think I read somewhere that he was in London at an LMA meeting. I couldn't picture Tim doing the same. He'd want his signings to know that they are wanted here.

Without jinxing anything, well done once again to all involved. 

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 1

Â