Adama Traore

mwj

14 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I'd be playing him from the start and giving him at least 3 full games to show what he can do. We have Agbonlahor in the team now who will read his runs and get on the end of his crosses a lot better than what Gestede did. 

This is almost our best line up for me:

Richards Okore Lescott Cissokho

Bacuna Gueye Westwood

Traore Gil

Agbonlahor

Veretout for gil in a four man midfield and traore off gabby for me

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Running in behind is a concept he's still yet to grasp, so I'll hold off playing him up front for now.

And you know this how? From what I've seen, he has played on the wing and as been asked to run at players. I've not seen him play off the shoulder of another forward.

Dare I say our form has improved since he's been injured?  Reckon it's probably a coincidence, but hey-ho, just thought I'd mention it.  It will be interesting to see whether Remi throws him in.  Hopefully he's been making him watch lots of DVDs trying to educate him about tactical play whilst he's been injured.

Ayew and Traore on either side of Gabby in a front 3 for me with Gil or Veretout behind them and Westwood - Gana holding. 

3 at the back?

I say we stick with what is working. I don't think Adama fits in with that, its between him, Bacuna and Ayew. Only one winner in that battle.

I'm confident he'll see more game time though, now we are solid generally.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

3 at the back?

I say we stick with what is working. I don't think Adama fits in with that, its between him, Bacuna and Ayew. Only one winner in that battle.

No, a 4-2-1-3. Something like this

--------------Back 5---------------

Westwood                  Gana

Gil/Veretout

Adama     Gabby        Ayew

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

3 at the back?

I think he was suggesting this.

Westwood    Gana

Veretout or Gil

Ayew   Gabby   Adama

I agree though. We should stick with what is working and bring him on for Gil with a decent portion of the game left.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Dare I say our form has improved since he's been injured?  Reckon it's probably a coincidence, but hey-ho, just thought I'd mention it.  It will be interesting to see whether Remi throws him in.  Hopefully he's been making him watch lots of DVDs trying to educate him about tactical play whilst he's been injured.

Possibly but don't think it's relevant.  I'd attribute our upturn in form to us being much better at the back.

Hard to know when to bring Adama on really. I think most agree that starting him would be a risk given his attacking style, and I think that too (although we haven't seen a great deal of him so I could be wrong), but do we bring him on when we're 0-0 or 1-1 to try and get that winner, or do we only being him on when we're 2-0 down... If he's only ever coming on when we're losing it doesn't really give him the best circumstances in which to show his stuff. That's just my h'pence worth! Glad it's Remi and not me with that dilemma.

On 09/02/2016 at 14:01, sexbelowsound said:

I think he was suggesting this.

Westwood    Gana

Veretout or Gil

Ayew   Gabby   Adama

I agree though. We should stick with what is working and bring him on for Gil with a decent portion of the game left.

Looks good to me

It would be crazy to start him. We all know what he does, and that is `not a lot'.

Easing him in would be the best bet, but that is difficult at this stage. He really needs to learn the game, but he shows no sign of doing so, or even being capable of doing so. He is a strange one, bags of pace and skill, but lacking the nous to do anything with it.

He is still very young, so hopefully time and coaching will make him the player we hope he can be.

• Like 1

On 10 February 2016 at 08:55, AntrimBlack said:

It would be crazy to start him. We all know what he does, and that is `not a lot'.

Easing him in would be the best bet, but that is difficult at this stage. He really needs to learn the game, but he shows no sign of doing so, or even being capable of doing so. He is a strange one, bags of pace and skill, but lacking the nous to do anything with it.

He is still very young, so hopefully time and coaching will make him the player we hope he can be.

This for me. Does no one else think he's a bit of a one trick pony? Stands around till ball delivered to feet, dinks it past one or two players down the right, hits byline, cross. That's it. That's all he does. This one move - he reminds me a bit of playing double dragon charac in the nineties. If the game was easy you could just chuck fireball after fireball at your opponent, if it wasn't you were *******. I always assume that's why he only gets 20 mins. Any longer and the opposition will adapt to it and he s basically ineffective. And yes it is strange, because he's strong, pacy and clearly good technically but I have a horrible feeling he lacks any kind of footballing brain, dare I say it for me he's more like a Spanish version of a young Gabby than the next Neymar. Needs to develop. A lot.

He needs to develope. But he's only 20. We've been calling some of our players kids even when they were 24-26 !

If he's managed well he could be very useful. His decision making is horrible but even than other team need to put two or three players around him. Which would give Ayew and the others a chance to have more spaces.

I think a front three of Ayew,Gabby,Traore would be frightening for away games.

We've been lacking pace this season. With these three I think they well be very useful away from home. Where we need to upgrade our game.

Ofcourse, he need cover behind him. So throw Richards there and tell him to focus in defence to give Traore the chance.

Â