Adama Traore

mwj

On 28/02/2016 at 08:57, sne said:

Most of the money from a potential sale will go to cover the loss of income from being relegated, same as with any other sales.

Hope he stays next season, although I doubt he will.

Who the hell is going to buy him?

• Like 1

Just now, Butterfingers said:

Anyone from around 12th downwards

Based on what? Are they after players who demand extortionate wages, yet who don't actually show anything to prove they are worth those wages?

I think anyone with half an ounce of a football brain will focus on the fact he couldn't get into arguably the worst team ever to grace the premier league.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Based on what? Are they after players who demand extortionate wages, yet who don't actually show anything to prove they are worth those wages?

I think anyone with half an ounce of a football brain will focus on the fact he couldn't get into arguably the worst team ever to grace the premier league.

Win/win for him.
By the time his contract ends he'll leave on a free and either earn the same wage taking into consideration bosman, or turn out amazing and earn more.

Apart from wages many managers will take him on, he's raw, fast with the ball and knows to cross. He's a proper talent and with a good manager his early problems should be just that, he doesn't appear to have a balotelli attitude so that's a bonus.

13 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

You know exactly what its based on

Are you seriously suggesting Gabby or Sinclair are better suited to the role because they track back a little more?

Weren't you saying the same about Albrighton 18 months ago?

3 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

You know exactly what its based on

Are you seriously suggesting Gabby or Sinclair are better suited to the role because they track back a little more?

Weren't you saying the same about Albrighton 18 months ago?

I have zero idea what Albrighton gabby or Sinclair have to do with anything?

Simple fact is, he hasn't been good enough.

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

I have zero idea what Albrighton gabby or Sinclair have to do with anything?

Simple fact is, he hasn't been good enough.

Well that's narrowed it down a bit

Have any of them been good enough ffs?

What exactly do you expect a 19 year old to do in 10 minute cameo roles? Score a hat trick?

He hasn't even started a game yet you claim he's not been good enough. Get a grip of yourself. Was the run for the Gil goal at Sunderland not good enough?

If you have zero idea what the other players have to do with it, don't bother responding again-Its pointless.

1 minute ago, Butterfingers said:

He hasn't even started a game yet you claim he's not been good enough.

You answer your own argument there. The run for gils goal was brilliant but it's a one off.

What I like about villatalk is the silly statements used to support players

'Has anybody been good enough'

'What do you expect from a 19 year old... (enter unrealistic achievements)'

Statements like this indicate that there is nothing really to actually support such arguments and that it's right for me to think that the players are utter garbage and that things like tonight's protest are directed at the wrong pepole completely.

I prefer silly statements like:

"he hasn't been good enough"

Despite the fact that he hasn't even started a game for us

Or:

"The run for Gils goal was a one off" Based on what??????

Wasn't the run for the Palace goal similar? Perhaps its a two off.

When he's fit can he be allowed to have a run of starts?

I want to see a bit of fun in our play and Adama's kamikaze runs will certainly provide that. I don't care that he dosen't track back. We played 6 defenders tonight and looked a defensive shambles. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Who the hell is going to buy him?

How many relegations do people like Steven Caulker and Cameron Jerome have, teams still buy them.

Last summer remember Stoke were desperate to sign him and Liverpool were also being strongly linked. That's before we even come to clubs in Spain and other leagues in europe interested but they couldn't match the wages on offer here.

I'm sure they'll be enquires to us for loan moves at the very least, it's such a nonsense statement. 

5 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Based on what?

It's based on the fact he's strong, ludicrously fast on the ball, shows a passion for crossing or taking a man on and is potentially a game changer, as we've experienced ourselves.
Is he going to make it as a top player? Who knows, plenty of talents haven't.

Yep. **** it.

Even if he was to do absolutely no defending whatsoever, he should be starting now.

I didn't agree with the "nothing to lose" attitude before. I do now.

Get him in the team. He might actually be the catalyst to give us a few results now. People will be rightly assuming we are an absolute pushover now. They may not be expecting a player like Adama to come to life.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yep. **** it.

Even if he was to do absolutely no defending whatsoever, he should be starting now.

I didn't agree with the "nothing to lose" attitude before. I do now.

Get him in the team. He might actually be the catalyst to give us a few results now. People will be rightly assuming we are an absolute pushover now. They may not be expecting a player like Adama to come to life.

Tbh I never saw it as 'nothing to lose' more that he was the only one with the ability to create something out of nothing, and this more than offsets his lack of defensive skills. But now I think we can all agree that he has to play, regardless - we will be the ones benefiting from him getting more game time/development.

• Like 1

Yes, the time for trying to finesse an unlikely victory is over. Might as well start him, he probably won't achieve anything but then neither will anyone else. 

If he doesn't get more game time now, you can be certain he's being readied for a sale in the summer.

Â