Adama Traore

mwj

Who mentioned a 10million release clause?

This is the amount we should be getting for him AT LEAST. But knowing the people who work at this club we'll probably sell him for 2million or something daft.

He defiantly won't be on the menu for us next season, unless he keeps us up of course. Then I'll be more than happy for him to be on 90k a week. 

Edited by supernova26

Wonder if Stoke will come back in for him....they really wanted him last summer and if he's on the market for less than they were going to pay for him Mark Hughes might take another chance as they have a strong first 11 so can ease him in and develop his undoubted potential.

Edit: I liken him a bit to those kids who struggle in education....get lost in the system is I think the phrase. Some good qualities, struggles with the other stuff and now the whole club is a mess I reckon he'll go to a much more stable environment and start ripping it up for his next club.

And in 2-3 years time when he's playing for a CL club I'll be posting his name in the forgotten Villa players thread on here!

Edited by VillaChris

8 hours ago, supernova26 said:

Who mentioned a 10million release clause?

This is the amount we should be getting for him AT LEAST. But knowing the people who work at this club we'll probably sell him for 2million or something daft.

He defiantly won't be on the menu for us next season, unless he keeps us up of course. Then I'll be more than happy for him to be on 90k a week. 

You said you've been telling people for ages that he has a relegation release clause and then said we'll get £10 million plus for him. Isn't that usually how clauses work?

Or is this one specific to Aston Villa where by he has a release clause but we get to choose how much we sell him for? 

Is this how they work in Ligue 1 or La Liga?

Edited by sexbelowsound

We should be breaking our balls to hold onto this guy.

But I can't help feeling the people running our club will be more interested in getting him off the wage bill.

The long term thinking on this one will be that Adama will make us more money in the future than he'll lose us next season.

The talk of his high wages and increase after so and so games and relegation clause have been rubbished by Jonathan Fear this morning, said he had a call when the wage reports came out before from someone very senior saying it is bollocks.

In my opinion , there isn't much to suggest at this stage that he's going to be anything other than an inconsistent wide player who only plays 10 games a season through persistent injuries , probably the last type of player needed in the championship

Honestly I don't rate him much, very quick but no idea of what he's doing. His awareness of the game makes Gabby look like a 'clever' player.

Add to that he's always injured, maybe he was worth the gamble but like the rest just not good enough.

• Like 1

Â