Adama Traore

mwj

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No one, and I mean no one, is going to give us £10m for him based on this season. It just won't happen.

In a world where Robbie Brady cost £7m, I bet someone's willing to take a punt at £10m.

We forget that £10m isn't a lot of money to PL clubs anymore. Just us.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No one, and I mean no one, is going to give us £10m for him based on this season. It just won't happen.

He will be playing Championship football with Villa next season or be loaned out to Gijon or something. We won't get anything close to that fee. 

2 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

In a world where Robbie Brady cost £7m, I bet someone's willing to take a punt at £10m.

We forget that £10m isn't a lot of money to PL clubs anymore. Just us.

Brady has done far more at this level than Traore. Traore has done pretty much nothing he's too much of a gamble IMO to justify £10m. It's just not going to happen. He will be here next season unless we decide to sell him for less than that fee. 

• Like 1

Traore took a lot of convincing as well as a lucrative contract full of get out clauses (according to kendrick) to convince him to come here

I expect him to be one of the first out tbh

Edited by Jimzk5

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Traore took a lot of convincing as well as a lucrative contract full of get out clauses (according to kendrick) to convince him to come here

This! No way he will play in the Championship.  Someone better than us will take a punt on him surely. 

This guy isn't an unknown. Plenty of clubs will know his potential and with premier league teams getting a massive increase in money I'd be amazed if no one wants to take a gamble. 

Maybe if we'd used him more we could have shown him we have faith in him. But to be honest we've shown him that we don't think he's good enough for the worst team in the league. I can't see many reasons why he'd choose to stay. 

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Brady has done far more at this level than Traore. Traore has done pretty much nothing he's too much of a gamble IMO to justify £10m. It's just not going to happen. He will be here next season unless we decide to sell him for less than that fee. 

I agree. £10m for a player that can't get a game for one of the worst teams ever to grace the PL, I can't see it myself. 

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

If so, then I would say he has come down to earth with a bump. Not as good as he thought he was.

33 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If so, then I would say he has come down to earth with a bump. Not as good as he thought he was.

From his PoV he has hardly played due to 2 serious injury a, he had Stoke and Liverpool in for him as well as us, it seems we were the only club willing to give him the big wages to get him here. Whilst he isn't proven I just don't think he will be willing to play on Saturday and Tuesday's against Rotherham and Cardiff.

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Robbie Brady has been a decent, if unfashionable, bottom half Premier League player for years. Traore has had 3 or 4 promising half-hour cameo's. I can't believe anybody's comparing them. 

You know how hype works, look at the players Liverplop and United have signed in recent years. The pace and single minded attacking desire is worth it alone for many clubs.
He's raw, very raw, but he's also terrifying to play against, he just doesn't know how to use it. How much did United pay for Anderson?!!
Many managers will have looked at him and thought, I can unlock that potential; that will also increase the likelihood of a bid.

I'm not sure many managers feel that way about Brady, though we both know who would've been the better player for us this year...

17 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

This! No way he will play in the Championship.  Someone better than us will take a punt on him surely. 

the only hope I have for him staying is that teams might think he is injury prone, except that he will be one of few players we will lose

Â