Adama Traore

mwj

5 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

What so no other player has created a goal this season?

By taking a ball from his own half,  running at (and beating) multiple defenders and providing an end product? I think not. 

• Like 1

If he plays he'll create more chances than anyone else we've got. Yes, he can be wasteful too but that is the nature of his type of game. He will get better with experience. 

This is point i was making earlier in the thread. Him and Gil are much more likely to create a chance than anybody else we've got, thats why they both have to play

• Like 3

3 hours ago, YGabbana said:

I dont think hes ready yet for this team, i mean he takes players on and always aims to attack and create, but Richardson would be the better option imo

You talk like we are quality. he is more than ready for our team. Richardson ahead of him.........................Give me a break.

4 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

?

Was very close to signing for them, but like Veretout made a stupid decision. Wouldn't surprise me if stoke get him in the summer and then they can watch him flourish while we're stuck with the shit players.

Has to play every game now for me

And me

I'm still not convinced that he's actually any good, his movement is really poor, he's greedy as ****, he doesn't track back, crossing is inconsistent and he's a one trick pony that better defenders will cope with

But he's done more attacking in the last 2 games than our entire team with the exception of ayew has done all season

Laughable if Sinclair or grealish keeps him out

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GeordieVillan said:

We should have Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles up front, with Stephen Hawking at no.10. Got to try something different.

Wed probably bag more goals by sheer luck, our current squad is that bad that they defy chance.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I think we reached the point where he needs to be playing from now on regardless of his detriment to the team. We only got 2 points from Newcastle, West Ham, Norwich and Sunderland. It's time to go all out.

Detriment to the team? Have you watched guzan? Lescott? Richards? Westwood? Sinclair? Richardson? Gestede? Gabby? I could go on. Adama is one of the last blokes I'm worried about being detrimental to the team. 

• Like 1

The problem with Adama is that his crossing isn't very good. It's all good and well saying 'he always gets a cross in', but when his obvious talent is his pace, power and trickery, he's consistently going to get in the position to cross the ball. Unfortunately, his crossing really needs to improve.

As others have said, two of his crosses were massively over hit (over the whole opposition box), and even the one for the goal looped high over Gestede's head, but luckily for us, Gil was there to stretch his left leg out to meet it. When Gestede is the obvious target to aim for, even the cross for the goal can be considered as overhit, in my opinion.

I'm not meaning to criticise the build up to our goal. I've said before that I'm all for Adama playing more, but this is what me and others have seen all along - even though he HAS big positives, it's questionable at times, whether they outweigh his negatives.

I've watched back our goal from yesterday and I don't think he even turned his head to look in the box for who to cross to. He literally just swung his foot at it, knowing it would go in/around the box and that is presumably good enough. Now, if we start to load the box with at least 3 players whenever Adama has the ball, then great, his consistent-but-slightly-unpredictable crosses could definitely bag us some more goals. However, if he loses the ball, you would have Adama plus any players piling into the box, who then need to track back to protect our defence.

Either he needs to improve his crossing, or he needs to maybe play upfront with Ayew, where he can use his pace, power and skill to just get in shooting positions and do away with crossing to Gestede entirely.

'There's nothing to lose'.... Well, except another game. This time against our biggest relegation rivals.

Â