Adama Traore

mwj

Problem with him is, he's very raw... Sure, he has pace power and can dribble. His crossing is just him hitting the ball very hard towards the 6 yard line, and the basics, well, they're why he doesn't start games. He's awful at them. He will be a really good player, but he's not the messiah.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Problem with him is, he's very raw... Sure, he has pace power and can dribble. His crossing is just him hitting the ball very hard towards the 6 yard line, and the basics, well, they're why he doesn't start games. He's awful at them. He will be a really good player, but he's not the messiah.

He's a very naughty boy.

3 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

i would much rather watch traore try to beat players and lose the ball now and then instead of watching sinclair run into dead ends, followed by him falling over and losing it.

This is the crux of it isn't it?

The likes of Sinclair are doing **** all, and they don't even offer much defensive cover. Traore gives us something different, a lot more pace, power and directness, he also tries to cross the ball unlike most of our midfielders out wide. 

We're not going to stay up by starting the likes of Sinclair, Richardson et al. Traore might, just might, prove to be a revelation, and if not then (a) he will still be more of a threat than Sinclair and (b) he'll get game time and develop, benefiting us next season and beyond. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Yes but the original point was suggesting he could potentially do things that no one else can.

Like I say, by all means out him in the team - but he's as shit as the rest.

Oh look, Adama created another one. But I'm sure other members of our team could have done that too right?

32 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So selfish. Can see why he doesn't start. 

He was a hell of a lot less selfish today than he has been previously. Good to see him learning.

Shame he's injured again though. Just when he was starting to be effective. Hopefully it wasn't serious.

• Like 2

Â