Adama Traore

mwj

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I wonder if his issue is a language one?

Ridiculous run for the goal yesterday, completely unstoppable. The boy is a one man wrecking ball and we need to find a way to get him on the pitch more.

But we conceed too many goals right now when he is. It has gone beyond the point of coincidence. He's both completely unplayable and a complete liability.

What to do with Adama...

If he's here next season we should build the side around him, frankly. One hell of a gamble I know but he would piss all over the championship.

Maybe he should be going on loan?

He's not been at fault for a single goal. We concede goals without him, at least he does something going forward. Going out on loan is an absolutely ridiculous idea. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

Our already feeble defensive shape goes to utter shit whenever he comes on, it's no coincidence. The fact that he's good going forward doesn't negate this and shouldn't be ignored. The question is have we reached the point where it's a risk worth taking. I think we have.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HAL said:

wasnt on the pitch for two of the three goals we concided and is resposible for the only decent attacking we did

It's quite clear that he had no hand in the goal that we conceded (whilst he was on the pitch) either, it's a totally ridiculous point. Only on VT would you get people suggesting loaning out a player after a game where he made one of the assists of the season and looked a continual threat. 

I don't think he'll be sold.

If we sell him in the summer we'll probably make a loss (unless he has a phenomenal second half to the season)

He might be on high wages, but I think even our hierarchy will realise we'd be losing more money by offloading him. If he has a good year in the championship and hopefully (as in hopefully we'll be there) a good season when we return to the prem then they'd be making a lot more.

56 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I wonder if his issue is a language one?

Ridiculous run for the goal yesterday, completely unstoppable. The boy is a one man wrecking ball and we need to find a way to get him on the pitch more.

But we conceed too many goals right now when he is. It has gone beyond the point of coincidence. He's both completely unplayable and a complete liability.

What to do with Adama...

If he's here next season we should build the side around him, frankly. One hell of a gamble I know but he would piss all over the championship.

Maybe he should be going on loan?

He wasnt at fault for any goal that we have conceded this season. Gil and Sinclair who are meant to be better at protecting the full backs have been at fault for more goals

It was noticeable that when he was on, Sunderland tried a lot of long balls over Richards to Defoe on our right hand side - if you can draw Hutton out, you know he'll stay with the winger because Adama won't - so there's space in behind. When Hutton is back, there's space in front of him. Traore leaves that space, it's a weakness.

However, when Gil was on, that space was still there - and the first goal was a direct result of that space, with a player running into it and hitting a speculative effort with a whole load of room. In a good team, Traore's defending would be a real problem - in our team, we have that problem anyway. If we can find a way to fix that problem, we should, even at the expense of Traore starting - but, if we're going to have the problem, then we may as well have Traore too.

If he's a good learner, he's going to be a star - if not, he's going to be more popular with fans than managers.

• Like 2

Everton 4-0, southampton should have scored 4. Newcastle missed easy chances. 

Our defence has been much worse without him playing. I see little evidence to suggest he somehow makes us worse. 

We've got the 2nd worst defensive record in the league and he barely plays. 

Edited by DCJonah

you fellas are seeing what you want to see

a bit like your analysis of his cross. 

Not really. I analysed his cross as I saw fit. I hope you're right, and that his crossing will be accurate enough to create a few more goals, but I've not seen enough good crossing from him for him to be a solid winger. As I've said, I'd rather see him played as a striker or number 10.

As for 'seeing what you want to see'.... 'Southampton should have scored 4' and 'Newcastle missed easy chances', talk about scrambling around for something to back up your point of view! [emoji23][emoji28]

That was presumably part of your explanation for how our team is no worse defensively with Adama.

Well yes. Just because a team doesn't finish all the chances they create doesn't make our defence good. Judging by your analysis of Adama it wouldn't surprise me if you missed the clear chances both teams missed, but trust me, our defence was not much better in either game. 

We have the 2nd worst defence in the league and he's never started a game. Amazing that. 

We have little to lose now so may as well play him, hopefully it will sharpen him up and improve his all round game. I would be concerned that he will be putting himself in the shop window, but the club just needs to grow a pair, like say Everton or West Brom, and tell any want always under contract, they honour their contracts, serve the club and not their careers. 

I have to say that he is eye catching but not yet altogether productive for the team, yes, even with yesterday's assist. But he a bright star, we need to hang onto him.

Grealish can go in this window as far as I am concerned.

6 hours ago, useless said:

If we're relegated clubs will be in for him and Grealish.

Good job Traore is tied down to a long term contract then. As for Grealish who would want him the way he's playing

Edited by AshVilla

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Good job Traore is tied down to a long term contract then. As for Grealish who would want him the way he's playing

If another club wants him and Traore wants to join them, then we'll lose him. Grealish might not be playing well at the moment but other clubs will have noted the way he played for us at the end of last season and his reputation before that as one of the best up and coming players in the country. Take him out of this environment and he'd start doing well again, like Albrighton at Leicester.

Â