Adama Traore

mwj

We're bottom of the league, the gap to survival has increased, we haven't won since the first game of the season and we've scored less goals than any other team in the league. 

I think it's pretty outrageous that other attacking options haven't been given a chance. How bad does it have to get for us to try something different?

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not against it, but I can understand why he's not getting more game time.

He's not very good.

The rest of the team aren't very good either, but Adama isn't so much better than every one that it's obvious he should be playing. 

But does he offer things that are possibly so much better than everyone else? Most definitely. 

Therefore should he start in a team that is incapable of winning games? Most definitely. 

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We're bottom of the league, the gap to survival has increased, we haven't won since the first game of the season and we've scored less goals than any other team in the league. 

I think it's pretty outrageous that other attacking options haven't been given a chance. How bad does it have to get for us to try something different?

From what I've seen I think Remi has been focussed on consistency and giving the players he sees as the 'best' a run. It's worked for ayew and veretout, for Rudy not so much. 

I presume he watched all the Sherwood games and saw players in and out each week, systems changing and saw how that screwed everyone up. 

That said, with ayew out I hope the plan isn't Sinclair and gestede and we do see more adama-time. 

Had we not had injuries and suspensions I'm pretty sure it would have be virtually the same side each week. Norwich is the aberration proving that we don't have the depth to rotate. Or any depth at all. Or even shallowness frankly. 

52 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

I think he should play up front against Sunderland (with Gestede ideally).

He's the only one in our squad with attributes similar to Ayew, assuming that Gabby and Nzog are not options. And he's the only one with pace and strength.

Just play him please. This is as much of a side issue as Gil not playing under Sherwood. If Garde gives him 2-3 starts we can see if he's actually any good or not, and then everyone can move on to focussing on why Kozak doesn't get a game.

Adama might be the key to winning, but I highly doubt it.  He usually gives the ball away in a great burst of speed.  But I have to take greater issue with your reasoning for playing him.  It's not the manager's job to play people that won't be effective in order to prove that to us.  Sorry, that's just daft.

I also think he's nothing like Ayew.  Ayew works his ass off to make something happen.  Adama stands around waiting for someone else to give him a chance to show his superpower.  If he used that speed to get back and stop a fast break, or even to track back meaningfully, he would be a different player.  

• Like 1

Just now, Woodytom said:

No we have a player who can dribble at pace down a blind alley. He's called adama traore.

So he didn't create a goal against Palace, he didn't nearly score with his first few touches against Arsenal? Not bad for someone runs down blind alleys and has barely had an opportunity. 

Look if we had better players sure Adama would be well down the pecking order, but when we have the likes of Richardson and Sinclair occupying attacking positions then its a no brainer to select Adama when you are as hopeless as we are. 

8 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Adama might be the key to winning, but I highly doubt it.  He usually gives the ball away in a great burst of speed.  But I have to take greater issue with your reasoning for playing him.  It's not the manager's job to play people that won't be effective in order to prove that to us.  Sorry, that's just daft.

I also think he's nothing like Ayew.  Ayew works his ass off to make something happen.  Adama stands around waiting for someone else to give him a chance to show his superpower.  If he used that speed to get back and stop a fast break, or even to track back meaningfully, he would be a different player.  

Sorry not sure if my sarcasm came across with the whole "play him so then we can just move on to Kozak" argument!

I do think he should play as he is stronger, faster and looks more dangerous than both Grealish and Sinclair (and Richardson). Gil and Bacuna you could argue have looked more effective when they have played. I would also like to see what he can do from the start of a game with open spaces, rather than at the end of the game when we are chasing the game and the opposition are defending deep.

I suspect though that we will see Gestede up front with Bacuna and Gil wide, and Veretout behind. I can only hope that they actually cross the ball.

With Ayew out of the team he has to play , as we have no other player with a combination of pace and strength to play in attack

Sunderland as it stands have 1 CB from the shit selection they have , I would attack the wings and pump balls into the box for Gestede I can't see any other tactic with players we have

1 minute ago, GeordieVillan said:

Sorry not sure if my sarcasm came across with the whole "play him so then we can just move on to Kozak" argument!

I do think he should play as he is stronger, faster and looks more dangerous than both Grealish and Sinclair (and Richardson). Gil and Bacuna you could argue have looked more effective when they have played. I would also like to see what he can do from the start of a game with open spaces, rather than at the end of the game when we are chasing the game and the opposition are defending deep.

I suspect though that we will see Gestede up front with Bacuna and Gil wide, and Veretout behind. I can only hope that they actually cross the ball.

Fair enough.  You may be right about the next line-up, given who's available.  But if I had to play Adama, I think I would try him paired with Gestede or Gabby in a front 2.  I doubt it would work, but I am tired of seeing Adama lose the ball in a blazing burst of speed and then stand around on the wing.  Mid-field players must track back or stay off the pitch, IMO; Forwards to a lesser extent.

11 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Fair enough.  You may be right about the next line-up, given who's available.  But if I had to play Adama, I think I would try him paired with Gestede or Gabby in a front 2.  I doubt it would work, but I am tired of seeing Adama lose the ball in a blazing burst of speed and then stand around on the wing.  Mid-field players must track back or stay off the pitch, IMO; Forwards to a lesser extent.

I agree - a diamond with Adama and Gestede up front would be my preference as well. And that is without any knowledge of whether Adama has ever played up front before, or if he's capable or doing it.

1 hour ago, West said:

1) But does he offer things that are possibly so much better than everyone else? Most definitely. 

2) Therefore should he start in a team that is incapable of winning games? Most definitely. 

1) does he? I'm not sure. He has pace and can beat a man. If he can do that regularly and with an end product then brilliant. But he hasn't so far.

2) That's a hell of a leap. He has assets. He also has a lot of weaknesses. At the moment Garde obviously feels that his weaknesses outweigh his positives.

• Like 1

end product? Surely in his case that means a decent cross, which he's done almost every time he's got to the byline, he can't be blamed for the fact no-one has scored from it? Or in most cases even bothered to try and get in the box on the end of it.

but there is no point playing him if we don't play Gestede

Not sure about Gestede Adama that combo didn't work on well vs Norwich. Sure Adama can put crosses in all day for Gestede but I'm sure big Sam/Sunderland are capable of nullifying this.

Put him in the middle with Graelish or Gill.

Time for some punash we ain't going to win 8 or 9 games just running around like mad men...that's what every other team is doing so we need to be different. 

We need to open the game up vs Sunderland otherwise it will just be a clogfest and  end up 0-0 or 1-0 to them (set-piece).

Edited by supernova26

Â