Adama Traore

mwj

35 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So selfish. Can see why he doesn't start. 

Why would you pass it back to Alan Hutton? Or Cross it to Gestede?

Id prob try take everyone on as well. Funnily enough the one time he did, we scored.

Edited by AndyM3000

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Didn't see much difference to when he came on against palace, Watford or Norwich. 

Hoping it's not bad enough to keep him out because he should be started every game from now on

You're right atually. He made zero passes vs Palace, 7 vs Watford, 4 against Norwich and 4 today. So still needs to release the ball more.

The big difference today was one of his crosses actually found a man. Needs to improve that because if he improves his final ball and decision making, that's when he'll be effective.

I'd still have him starting from now on though.

He's a nutter haha

Beast of a run for the assist and totally unpredictable other than that, put another great ball into the near post that no one gambled on but also put in some bad balls, give him a start!

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You're right atually. He made zero passes vs Palace, 7 vs Watford, 4 against Norwich and 4 today. So still needs to release the ball more.

The big difference today was one of his crosses actually found a man. Needs to improve that because if he improves his final ball and decision making, that's when he'll be effective.

He also put in a tremendous ball across the box that would have been a sitter for any forward with half a brain cell. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He also needs to have people in the box attacking the right spaces like Gil did for the goal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He also needs to have people in the box attacking the right spaces like Gil did for the goal. 

True, but half his crosses go out for a throw.

I like the guy, I just don't think he's as effective as some people make out.

Like I said, I've always backed him to get more minutes and I'd probably start him from now on (when he's fit) but I think people are setting their expectations too high.

• Like 1

He walked off didn't he? Probably just a knock.

Anyway, this kid is phenomenal with the ball at his feet. Such a freaking threat going forward, it's unbelievable. He will lose the ball every now and then but at least he gives us an outlet.

Created two clear goal scoring oppurtunities, and as others have rightly pointed out, any striker with goal scoring instincts would've banged the cross which went across goal.

Credit to Gil for scoring his goal, was a great cross from Adama.

The fact he's gets his crosses in 100% of the time despite having 2,3 or 4 defenders around him shows his class. Poor crosses? LOL 1 got an assist, another was as good as an assist the others were overhit but you'd expect a Villa player to be out there.

He deserves better than us, better than our fans and better than our manager.

I wish him all the best for his future club.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

True, but half his crosses go out for a throw.

I like the guy, I just don't think he's as effective as some people make out.

Like I said, I've always backed him to get more minutes and I'd probably start him from now on (when he's fit) but I think people are setting their expectations too high.

Who crosses the ball brilliantly on a consistent basis? Certainly no one on our team. He created one and put in another great ball that should have been finished. I'm not sure we can expect much more in 35 minutes of football. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Thought he did ok today but to say he gets his crosses in 100% of the time is a strange use of statistics. What's the point if they go out for throw ins?

great cross for the goal. With more game time he can only get better but he doesn't need defending through the miss use of stats.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

From memory he put in four crosses, one was the assist, another absolutely there to be tapped in, and two were over hit. That's not so bad, even Ashley Young would over/under hit a fair amount of his deliveries for us. 

That's my point. He did ok so there is no need to make stats up to support him. 

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

That's my point. He did ok so there is no need to make stats up to support him. 

I don't think 2 great balls out of 4 is a bad return. I thought he was great when he came on, made a big difference going forward, not everything worked, but enough of it did.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Â