Adama Traore

mwj

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

end product? Surely in his case that means a decent cross, which he's done almost every time he's got to the byline, he can't be blamed for the fact no-one has scored from it? Or in most cases even bothered to try and get in the box on the end of it.

None of his crosses vs Norwich were decent, imo. They were too deep or aimless.

But yes I agree we need Gestede on if Adama is playing.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

1) does he? I'm not sure. He has pace and can beat a man. If he can do that regularly and with an end product then brilliant. But he hasn't so far.

2) That's a hell of a leap. He has assets. He also has a lot of weaknesses. At the moment Garde obviously feels that his weaknesses outweigh his positives.

Garde feels Richardson's positives are worth having him as an attacking player which resulted badly. I think suspensions will force Garde to get Adama in more. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

None of his crosses vs Norwich were decent, imo. They were too deep or aimless.

But yes I agree we need Gestede on if Adama is playing.

I'd like to see 90 mins of Adama and Gestede. I don't think it would be consistent quality but I think it would cause more problems than what we have been doing. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, supernova26 said:

Not sure about Gestede Adama that combo didn't work on well vs Norwich. Sure Adama can put crosses in all day for Gestede but I'm sure big Sam/Sunderland are capable of nullifying this.

Put him in the middle with Graelish or Gill.

As a lone striker? I'm not sure I get the formation you're proposing. 

I think he'd need to play as one of a front two, albeit starting down the right - I think we'd probably need both Bacuna and Hutton in the team to provide cover, but thankfully with Cissokho back this doesn't mean Richardson at left back. 

A 4-4-2 wth Hutton, Okore, Lescott and Cissokho across the back, Bacuna, Veretout, Gana, and someone else (I have a horrible feeling it might be Richardson, I'd go Grealish, but it leaves us weak defensively down that side) and then Gestede with Traore on his right hand side might work. We'd be almost a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 when Traore is waiting for the ball and then have Bacuna shoot over to the right in a 4-4-2 for the rest of the time to cover him.

Without Sanchez and Westwood we don't have the numbers in the middle of the park anyway, so we may as well give him a go and see if he can keep defenders back through the threat of his pace.

Well at least he got 30 mins at Norwich so it's slowly building towards a start (probably at Wycombe) but I'd like to see him start at Sunderland as one thing from our recent games up there is Sunderland back 4 always seem to have a nightmare v our pacy players (and last season it was Gabby and CNZ so no world beaters there).

I did say a few weeks back that yes if he plays we really need to put Bacuna somewhere in midfield to cover that right hand side and make sure Hutton isn't exposed to Adam Johnson (unintentional honest!) or whoever. With the Ayew and Westwood suspensions and Cissokho available now there's an opportunity for this.

So we have players who can dribble at pace and scare the living daylights out of defenders? Okay then. 

No we have a player who can dribble at pace down a blind alley. He's called adama traore.

You've just described Scott Sinclair.

Other midfield players have started numerous games for us and failed miserably.  

Give Traore a chance and let's see what the lad is made of when he is given some full matches.

Sometimes you have to play to your attacking strengths rather than worrying all the time about what the opposition are going to do.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arj Guy said:

Poor signing imo. £7 million which should have been spent on a CB or a striker instead of a young player who despite having potential is not ready to play in the PL yet. Well done transfer committee 

I don't agree with this post at all, he's only 19 years old and is still settling in, he's already showing great potential in my opinion

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don't agree with this post at all, he's only 19 years old and is still settling in, he's already showing great potential in my opinion

I think it's being argued that he's a poor signing given the circumstances, and not that he's a poor player.

• Like 3

On 31/12/2015 at 16:14, West said:

So he didn't create a goal against Palace, he didn't nearly score with his first few touches against Arsenal?

Wow and no.

Look he can go in the starting line up for all I care. He won't be any worse. He just won't make a difference.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Wow and no.

Look he can go in the starting line up for all I care. He won't be any worse. He just won't make a difference.

He did create a goal against place and did come close against arsenal. Surely that's no debatable.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He did create a goal against place and did come close against arsenal. Surely that's no debatable.

He did create a goal v palace - wow.

He didn't nearly score v arsenal. Was a pretty meek shot into the side netting. 

8 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

He did create a goal v palace - wow.

He didn't nearly score v arsenal. Was a pretty meek shot into the side netting. 

Which was more than anyone else did that game. I don't think anyone's claiming the goal against palace was something incredible but it showed he's able to make positive things happen. Which at the moment can't be said for many players that get to start on a regular basis. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Which was more than anyone else did that game. I don't think anyone's claiming the goal against palace was something incredible but it showed he's able to make positive things happen. Which at the moment can't be said for many players that get to start on a regular basis. 

Yes but the original point was suggesting he could potentially do things that no one else can.

Like I say, by all means out him in the team - but he's as shit as the rest.

Â