Adama Traore

mwj

I can confirm there will be "news" on this "soon".

I can confirm that he will have made a decision before the end of the transfer window. 

They keep saying his barca pals.

Aren't they 4 or 5 years older than him? As he's just out of the academy I can't imagine they're "pals". Ex-Colleagues, maybe.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Brendan McLoughlin ‏@bren_mcloughlin 5m5 minutes ago

A Traore held talks with #avfc yest & #scfc today before flying home to mull over decision. Believe AV offer better but Barca pals at Stoke

How reliable is this guy?

Interesting if true. Starting to think our interest may be genuine.

Do players really follow their pals like that? He should use his head not his heart IMO, it's a long career. If that still means Stoke then fair play, I won't begrudge him or them, but I hope he's a bit more adult about it than that suggests.

School time is over.

Brendan McLoughlin ‏@bren_mcloughlin 5m5 minutes ago

A Traore held talks with #avfc yest & #scfc today before flying home to mull over decision. Believe AV offer better but Barca pals at Stoke

How reliable is this guy?

Interesting if true. Starting to think our interest may be genuine.

Do players really follow their pals like that? He should use his head not his heart IMO, it's a long career. If that still means Stoke then fair play, I won't begrudge him or them, but I hope he's a bit more adult about it than that suggests.

School time is over.

He's a journo who writes for The Times, The Mirror, Express and BBC Sport.....He normally tweets things after they happen.

Aren't they 4 or 5 years older than him? As he's just out of the academy I can't imagine they're "pals". Ex-Colleagues, maybe.

He might've played with Muniesa, but Bojan left Barca when Traore was 15 and Afellay is 10 years older too, so doubt they'd have been in the same team. Only thing I can imagine will really be a pull with those players is that they speak Spanish, so easier to acclimatise. 

Other than Moha, he wouldn't know any of the ex-Barca Stoke players personally I don't think but you can't rule out there being added appeal in going to a dressing room with many Spanish speakers, some of whom he can relate to coming from a similar experience.

If we've made a better offer, that is something in our favour though. My inkling is that he'll choose them but who knows.

He might've played with Muniesa, but Bojan left Barca when Traore was 15 and Afellay is 10 years older too, so doubt they'd have been in the same team. Only thing I can imagine will really be a pull with those players is that they speak Spanish, so easier to acclimatise. 

Well we have Crespo, Gil and Sanchez who can speak Spanish.

From what I could see maybe some pre season stuff and training camps but bojan was promoted out of the B team long before him, affelay is ten years older than him and never been in the B team, muniesa maybe but not much, obviously hard to tell how they mix them up off the field but he isn't their ex team mate or their age group, there's every danger it could be tenuous

Â