Adama Traore

mwj

Just now, Barney_avfc said:

You are a very touchy person,  obviously don't like being challenged. Let's just leave it there. You don't have any source whatsoever so I don't see your point. You are the one who was telling me I'm uninvolved and was rude to me saying my post don't mean jack so I threw it back at you. Pathetic 

You didnt though, you just posted a nonsense article, the rest of you assumptions are pretty funny though and yes i suggest you leave it there.

1 hour ago, Cliffy Biro said:

You didnt though, you just posted a nonsense article, the rest of you assumptions are pretty funny though and yes i suggest you leave it there.

Yes,  I come on here to discuss and read about my team with fellow fans. Not to be rude to them if they point out something that differs to what I suggest. So ta ta. I shall do this with the more grown up fans here and will not comment on any of your future posts. 

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Do you think he would've been effective in those conditions?

Consider how slow the Newcastle defence is though, there was a portion of the second half, after we scored, where they were extremely exposed, their posession was poor and Ayew had a few great chances to run at them. Imagine having Adama on the other side as well. I think we could've won it.

• Like 3

He has some huge flaws, he's not particularly interested when he doesn't have the ball and he's tactically very poor - but he's 19 and he's very much still learning his trade - the coaches will work with him and hopefully he'll learn. If nothing else, his physique, and the change in it since he arrived suggests that he's willing to put in the work, if that attitude is reflected in all the work he does in training, then when he is ready to start, he'll have a chance at being something special. Right now, I'd play him in every reserve game, and bring him off the bench whenever circumstances allow, he really needs game time - perhaps even a loan. I think he's 18 months from being either a helluva player or a novelty item.

• Like 2

Adama Traore has two choices: perform like Lionel Messi or learn how to play in a team.

That’s the message from Aston Villa boss Remi Garde who reckons the exciting winger is focusing too much on his individual threat.

“He is inconsistent in his game,” said the manager,

“You cannot have a player except for maybe Messi who can walk on the pitch and only play when his team has the ball. Nobody can do that.”

Adama, who rubbed shoulders with the Argentinian superstar at Barcelona, has shown his explosive talent on brief bursts this season.

The 19-year-old also posts clips of his skills online but Garde knows he can’t single-handedly change Villa’s fortunes.

“I saw the first training session and watched a lot of Adama’s videos on what he has done previously,” he said.

“He is very gifted, I know that. He has some brilliant skill and is tremendous on dribbling but it’s a small part of the game.

“How long do you hold the ball, one minute 30, two minutes? Then what are you doing for 88 minutes?

“If you are not doing well especially in the situation where we are, it’s quite a problem. We need hard workers.

“I don’t mean Adama is not a hardworker but he is young and inconsistent and he needs to work.

“When you look at him coming in against Arsenal the first action he did was brilliant but then I am looking overall.

“I have to keep the balance of the team. Adama needs to work like every player.”

Probably already been posted but if not it does give a good insight into why he isn't starting.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adama-traore-remi-garde-delivers-10616552

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, those conditions were the worst possible thing for him to play in - it was difficult to run at pace with the ball.

Exactly the reason why Gil or Grealish didn't come off the bench as well. Both those players are possession players who like to have the ball at their feet. The field was not suited for quick dribbling or possession. 

Im not going to go as far as saying that he should be starting every game and that he's the best thing this sliced bread but it is baffling how a player who has pace and can take players on, the two things defenders fear the most, is picking splinters on the bench.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

in them conditions he should have got at least 15 minutes, Newcastle are hopeless against pace plus the rain would have had them falling all over the place

missed opportunity

I have to agree, I watched Ayew and Veretout skin a lot of their players and dribble with the ball well, yet Traore wouldn't be capable of that in those conditions? It just doesn't add up, we needed three points and the manager didn't do enough from his bench yet again. 

• Like 1

Â