Adama Traore

mwj

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think Traore needs to be given 30/40 minutes to see what he can do. But in our position I can understand our manager being cautious.

In our position lol. 

Being cautious has delivered largely pathetic results under Garde thus far so it's high time we stopped being so 'cautious'. There's nothing to lose by picking him because the players that are getting picked ahead of him are delivering the square root of zero. 

• Like 4

Did people not see Newcastle-Palace highlights, Palace ripped Newcastle to shreds with the pace in their frontline. Earlier in the season Montero took the mick out of Janmatt, I think Newcastle back 4 are hopeless against any sort of direct pace.

Yes they've won their last two but they've sat a lot deeper and in any case the forward lines of Spurs and Liverpool for all their quality don't have that quick players.

I think he should start tomorrow. 

People do realise we're talking about Barcelona right? That Barcelona? In Spain, second city, La Ramblas, Olympics in 1992? The ones who've bought Henry, Suarez and Fabregas from the PL in recent years? Yeah, I think it's fairly safe to say they're not going to need Traore back. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

In our position lol. 

Being cautious has delivered largely pathetic results under Garde thus far so it's high time we stopped being so 'cautious'. There's nothing to lose by picking him because the players that are getting picked ahead of him are delivering the square root of zero. 

This.

I want to see us have a go at teams. Show a bit of fight and passion!

1 hour ago, Barney_avfc said:

No they don't and have no interest in buying him back either apparently 

It was reported at the time that they do so someone who is completely un-involved telling me there isnt a clause doesn't really mean jack to me. Don't see how anyone would know if they want to buy him back, regardless they usually have these clauses just incase they dont miss out on a huge talent if he suddenly starts playing brilliantly.

This is all rather moot anyway really considering he cant even get more than 4 minutes for us so what chance would he have anywhere else?

5 hours ago, Cliffy Biro said:

It was reported at the time that they do so someone who is completely un-involved telling me there isnt a clause doesn't really mean jack to me. Don't see how anyone would know if they want to buy him back, regardless they usually have these clauses just incase they dont miss out on a huge talent if he suddenly starts playing brilliantly.

This is all rather moot anyway really considering he cant even get more than 4 minutes for us so what chance would he have anywhere else?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-no-interest-buying-back-6924317

Full article ^

Spanish giants Barcelona have made it clear they have no interest in taking back Aston Villa teenager Adama Traore.

You heard they have a buyback clause or are you involved in the game? If not then it don't mean jack to me either, as you so eloquently put it! :D

But they do have first refusal on him apparently. 

• Like 1

I'm completely on the fence with Traore, and whether Garde should start him.

I see the talent and pace like everyone else, but irrespective of how bad our current situation is, Garde HAS to also consider that Traore could be a bit of a liability (defensively) and that playing him when not fully ready, could cost us massively. We're in a position now where we basically need 3 or 4 wins from the next 6 games. Is that the right time to gamble on a player who MIGHT bag a few goals in a flurry of pace and power, but also MIGHT run into 10 blind alleys, do a few tricks, but ultimately make no difference other than stifling our 'team' attacks as he wants to take everyone on on his own?

Considering that Garde sees him day in, day out, I'm still inclined to trust his reasoning if Traore isn't in the starting eleven.

Like others, I would like to see him get 20-40 minutes, because he's not going to improve without a chance.

One last point, is that I've also seen people saying that Traore should play because he's the only exciting option/ better than our other forwards etc etc. I don't completely agree with that. Our problem hasn't really been scoring goals, our problem has been leaking goals due to defensive errors. Throwing in a player who is exciting on the attack, put lacks work-rate and often loses the ball through selfishness, doesn't seem the best plan, when our current weakness is our defensive side.

We are the joint lowest scorers in the league, I'd say scoring goals is a real issue. The problem is we are so shit that conceding goals is also a real issue. 

I can't see us winning games by picking players based on what they offer defensively. It's not worked so far and I see nothing to suggest we're the sort of team to win games 1-0 keeping things tight and snatching a goal. 

I think this fear of losing the game will relegate us faster if we keep continuing to have that attitude. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

There's nothing to lose by picking him because the players that are getting picked ahead of him are delivering the square root of zero. 

This all day, for several players actually.

13 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

In our position lol. 

We are clinging to this league by our fingertips, so I would say, yes, there is plenty to lose.

15 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

People do realise we're talking about Barcelona right? That Barcelona? In Spain, second city, La Ramblas, Olympics in 1992? The ones who've bought Henry, Suarez and Fabregas from the PL in recent years? Yeah, I think it's fairly safe to say they're not going to need Traore back. 

yeah but just like Deuleofeu, that if Adama tears up Premier League Barca will buy him back to sell on. They do it a lot in Spain

13 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-no-interest-buying-back-6924317

Full article ^

Spanish giants Barcelona have made it clear they have no interest in taking back Aston Villa teenager Adama Traore.

You heard they have a buyback clause or are you involved in the game? If not then it don't mean jack to me either, as you so eloquently put it! :D

But they do have first refusal on him apparently. 

Again since you clearly dont understand, it was reported when we signed him that they have one i said, i didnt say i was in the game and have inside knowledge, i dont understand what yet another nonsene mirror article proves here? I'd probably provide a reputable source next time with perhaps even some quotes that prove a point rather than just a load of conjecture.

1 hour ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Again since you clearly dont understand, it was reported when we signed him that they have one i said, i didnt say i was in the game and have inside knowledge, i dont understand what yet another nonsene mirror article proves here? I'd probably provide a reputable source next time with perhaps even some quotes that prove a point rather than just a load of conjecture.

You are a very touchy person,  obviously don't like being challenged. Let's just leave it there. You don't have any source whatsoever so I don't see your point. You are the one who was telling me I'm uninvolved and was rude to me saying my post don't mean jack so I threw it back at you. Pathetic 

Â