Adama Traore

mwj

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I'd argue he is currently our most threatening and exciting player.  If he does not start the game tomorrow theni t's more evidence to me that this club is a shambles and Garde is poor manager

It seems to me that he's more liable to do something than the other options in his position. Garde's rationale seems to be that Traore is too raw and perhaps lacks discipline (i.e. holds on to the ball for too long, tries too many tricks etc), which is true, but it's also blinding him to the impact he tends to have on games. I thought he looked very dangerous against Arsenal and had his moments against Watford, so he really needs to be getting more game time. 

Well I'm not easily impressed by individuals, took me time over Gil, think Grealish has it but a lot to do, but I have to say with the position we are in we should , against anyone outside the top six, play this guy up front and just keep giving him the ball. He COULD wreak havoc, and I'm not sure we've much to lose.

I'm OK with Garde, and with his reasoning, and I always think the Manager, who sees them every day, should know best.

But the criticism doesn't really seem to be with the defensive side being poor, it seems to be that there needs to be more end product.

Well, nobody that has played in that positionhas given end product since Ashley Young.

Our entire Team is devoid of end product.

So play him. Surely the other ten can do whatever he can't, he can definitely do what they can't.

If the opposition do indeed put 3 players on him that might just create the ( acres of) space the rest clearly need.

I can accept him not starting, ( though have a lot of time for the idea that he might as well) but he absolutely must play 40 minutes.

15 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

He's a 'high earner'. We are preparing for The Championship now so this explains why he isn't playing. He'll gone in January with all the high earners , no surprise Richards hasn't been playing either.. 

We are being merked.

so you don't believe Richards has been injured? You believe a player wouldn't be outraged, telling everyone that was willing to listen that he wasn't in the squad because the club didn't want to pay a tiny bit extra?

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Super extreme remark 

Not really.  Look we are down there is no way on this planet we are going to stay up this season.  The fans of this great club have **** all else to look forward to watching us.  This lad gives some excitement afterall.  We have literally nothing at all to lose from playing him and everything to gain

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

so you don't believe Richards has been injured? You believe a player wouldn't be outraged, telling everyone that was willing to listen that he wasn't in the squad because the club didn't want to pay a tiny bit extra?

:rolleyes:

he posts to troll every comment. he knows richards is injured

• Like 1

Opening up space by having teams double/triple up on him is only useful if he has it in his locker to move the ball quickly to the players in that space so they can exploit it. If he does have that vision and ability he's not shown it yet, and until he does I don't think he's worth a place in the team. If he can learn to move the ball quickly (not all the time, just some of the time) then he can become a very dangerous player. At the moment he's easy for Premier League teams to defend against once he loses the element of surprise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Not really.  Look we are down there is no way on this planet we are going to stay up this season.  The fans of this great club have **** all else to look forward to watching us.  This lad gives some excitement afterall.  We have literally nothing at all to lose from playing him and everything to gain

There is. The defeatism on these threads is unbelievable.

51 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

There is. The defeatism on these threads is unbelievable.

The worst team ever to grace the premier league. That's a fact after this many games, it's not an over reaction. Traore is the only thing this club has that's worth the admission fee. He should play week in week out every game, this club has zero to offer, it's an embarrassment and a total shambles from top to bottom. This young lad is the only thing we have to stop us from being bored shitless until the season is finished. Aston Villa are done, the appointment of Garde will do **** all. Let's play him and have a few moments of excitement now and again instead of watching people standing about scratching their arses while the opposition walk the ball in the net like last week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gharperr said:

probably something to do with not actually being that highly rated at barca....

Erm don't they have an option to buy him back within 3 years??

1 hour ago, weedman said:

. At  the moment he's easy for Premier League teams to defend against once he loses the element of surprise

All true, but equally, at the moment the rest are easy to defend against BEFORE they lose the element of surprise !

Really I don't see what we have to lose. Certainly for a full second half or so.

Â