Adama Traore

mwj

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

How is he selfish? How is trying to cross the ball into a dangerous area a selfish trait?

Does he make the wrong decision at times? Sure. But selfish is just wrong. He's a positive attacking player that attempts to make things happen. Selfish indicates he's only out for himself, which just seems a bizzare insult to throw at a new player with barely 90 mins of total football in a villa shirt. 

I can see nobody is going to convince you otherwise, which is fine, but Garde disagrees with you. That's why he's giving the media quotes that Traore needs to work harder off the ball, be a team player, worry less about dribbling etc. 

but the problem in our situation is we need somebody to take a risk and be selfish and try make things happen. Adama is far from the saviour and has his faults but in opposition third he can do damage do defenders

One thing defenders hate is pace even the great ones

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can see nobody is going to convince you otherwise, which is fine, but Garde disagrees with you. That's why he's giving the media quotes that Traore needs to work harder off the ball, be a team player, worry less about dribbling etc. 

Has Garde said he's the most selfish player he's ever seen? Or nicknamed him Mr Wembley singles? Garde has said he has flaws to his game, I'm not going to disagree with that. 

But Garde has also failed to win yet and taken only 4 points from a possible 28 while the gap to safety has increased. So his decision to not use Adama and all his flaws is hardly one that's proving to be a success at this point in time. 

• Like 2

Ayew offers far more to the team than Traore, he has as much industry if not more than Vardy but unfortunately doesn't yet have enough reliable goals. But significantly offers more general goal threat than anyone else at the club, so Ayew currently finds himself an essential. And while our midfield is so impotent, we need four to ensure we don't get over run, but even with four we have not been creative enough, so Traore can really only play as the second forward, but over a whole game Gestede offers a broader set of options to both score and link up play, he is more versatile (eg from set pieces, hold up play). 

Traore will only get a sub appearance when all has failed, and possibly when we are trailing (I know this hasn't been the case so far, but I reckon this is to get him up to speed in cameos), or if we are comfortably ahead and in control. To play more than 10 minutes threatens the solidity in our set up that has taken 15 games to achieve, and at this level is exploited very quickly and effectively.

i don't think we will see too much of him until our midfield can work in a three, with Traore playing wide which appears to be his strength, offering width. He will work best with poachers and goal scoring midfielders which we don't currently have. 

• Like 1

I'd keep Traore as sub today but would be tempted to start him against Wycombe in the cup.

He has shown flashes of his ability but hasn't seized upon his (limited) chances.

Unfortunately for Traore, he's a bit of a luxury player and in our current predicament, we cannot afford to carry a player for 90 minutes in the hope that he has 30 seconds of brilliance.

If we were comfortable in the league, then he may have had more opportunity but this obviously isn't the case.

Traore himself, has to take his chances and show he is a team player that can assist with our fight against the drop. He's not going to get game time just because he was signed from Barca

• Like 2

I think Van Aanholt is pretty quick himself-I have confidence that Jordan A will destroy him.

With Traore, I liken it to the start of the season when our French players were thrown in at the deep end-They all struggled and it was noticeable that at one point, the starting 11 had all but reverted back to players who were there last season.

They are all turning the corner now though, but at what price? Both to them and us. It is also noteworthy that the one who did start well is currently struggling (Gana)

If Garde thought Traore was the difference between winning and drawing a game, do you not think that he would use him?

Sometimes, you have to trust the manager-The fact that he is getting (albeit) cameo roles suggests that he's not that far off.

Be patient-Lets hope he starts v Wycome and gives the manager something to think about.

23 hours ago, av1 said:

@tinker The counter argument is though tinker, if you put those two on you don't get much in the way of work rate. Now that's the case with a lot of flair players and I'm not saying they don't have a place. But in order to accommodate these players you need a solid platform and defensive strength, we simply don't have that. Our defensive crap as it is, take away a couple of work horses in front of them and they would be even worse. 

I understand that and its all about opinions but we have to start picking up 3 points from some of these games, for me West Ham offered next to nothing going forward and were more or less there for the taking, it would have been worth the gamble of dropping 1 point. Remi hand was probably forced by Sanchez going off and Gill coming on.

Norwich is going to be a very difficult game for us without the disruptive influence of Sanchez. I think we are going to be tested defensively and without any creative outlet it will be very hard to get any relieve from the pressure, first 15 minutes are the most important this season. 

Edited by tinker

I think Mr Wembley Singles looked poor yesterday because he kept coming short to get the ball and trying to run with it from which ever position he was in.

He was at his best when he faced up the full back and ran him down the line. Unfortunately for him his crosses were either to deep or aimed at the human Totem Pole that refused to move a yard or two to get the ball.

• Like 2

He did that most of the time he got the ball and beat his fullback nearly every time. But he's clearly an idiot, in Wembley singles you're on your own so crossing it is stupid. Stupid Mr Wembley singles. 

Edited by DCJonah

Â