Adama Traore

mwj

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Should have come in last night. Ayew was managing to run with the ball, he was having collocini on toast. Adama could've made an impact to win us the game.

Indeed. The conditions improved second half even Ayew was running through them. Their defence was crap there were holes all over for Adama to run into. A missed opportunity for three points.

I don't buy this lets not play him because he might lose the ball on one of his runs nonsense.

Bloody Gana and Sanchez don't just lose the ball but pass it to opposition players in much more dangerous areas. 

I find it all a bit ridonculous to be honest. Either it's the pay thing or because he's not French.

The Holte will have their say if it's quite obvious he should come on vs West Ham, no doubt. 

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Indeed. The conditions improved second half even Ayew was running through them. Their defence was crap there were holes all over for Adama to run into. A missed opportunity for three points.

I don't buy this lets not play him because he might lose the ball on one of his runs nonsense.

Bloody Gana and Sanchez don't just lose the ball but pass it to opposition players in much more dangerous areas. 

I find it all a bit ridonculous to be honest. Either it's the pay thing or because he's not French.

The Holte will have their say if it's quite obvious he should come on vs West Ham, no doubt. 

Its the pay thing chap. We won't wanna be paying him 70k a week in the Championship, cause I doubt will be pushed to sell him.

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Its the pay thing chap. We won't wanna be paying him 70k a week in the Championship, cause I doubt will be pushed to sell him.

according to Sky yesterday he is already on 70k a week

Personally I thought the game was crying out for him at 1-1 yesterday.

I understand Garde's thinking overall. I understand why he's not starting games. And I actually endorse that decision.

But in a game like that, where it's there to be won, I think it was ideal. yes the conditions were terrible, but one ball through that holds up on the boggy surface and he's onto it. 

We are struggling up front aside from Ayew and we need something different and we dont create many chances so let's stick this chap up front and if he fails then he fails but it is surely going to be entertaining whether he falls flat on his face or scores a hatrick.  Gestede isnt ready and we dont supply balls into the box like he needs, Gabby is off the radar now along with Kozak and Sinclair is a waste of space.  Gil and Grealish arent really creating anything so we have nothing and I mean nothing to lose wasting a space in the XI for a raw luxury player like Traore.........there you go my son, do what you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Only played 50 mins for U21 team. Does that mean he might be in with a chance at starting Saturday?

maybe the under 21s manager thought he was a liability ;)

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Only played 50 mins for U21 team. Does that mean he might be in with a chance at starting Saturday?

No.

I doubt we'll be seeing him start for a while. Maybe in the cup.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Convinced he needs a start. If not defo more than 10 minutes. Remi obviously must think Hutton is a better crosser of the ball.

From what I've seen of Traores videos, I think Hutton is a better crosser of the ball.

His reall asset is creating space, getting to the bye-line & putting the ball into the box. For me, it is a numbers game. The quality of delivery won't be the best but if the ball ends up at Gestedes head hight or Jordan A's knee hight, we have a chance of scoring.

I believe that he can get a lot of balls into danger areas over 90mins and would love to see him have a start or at least 45mins, if we are trailing at HT

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Bring in a goalscorer and we'll start flying up the league. I hope we've got someone lined up to come early in January.

Doubt it, our defence will still be weak when people run at them. In any case we're already 10 points off even 17th so that's a very optimistic statement. 

Â