Adama Traore

mwj

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Strange that you want to knock a young player who chose us over other options. 

Haven't knocked him at all actually. The implication is that he can be too selfish at times. It is possible for a player to be selfish and not always shoot himself as Garde has already highlighted. I'd like to see him play more as well but I can fully understand why he isn't.

Also, I think its a bit rich of you to suggest others are knocking players when you yourself, with all you knowledge of Villa, still chose to misspell Carles Gil's name repeatedly during a very similar debate last season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Haven't knocked him at all actually. The implication is that he can be too selfish at times. It is possible for a player to be selfish and not always shoot himself as Garde has already highlighted. I'd like to see him play more as well but I can fully understand why he isn't.

Also, I think its a bit rich of you to suggest others are knocking players when you yourself, with all you knowledge of Villa, still chose to misspell Carles Gil's name repeatedly during a very similar debate last season.

Haha what? How is a spelling mistake knocking a player? Jesus that's brilliant. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I don't get how anybody can watch Adama and say he isn't selfish.

Very bright talent but the most selfish player I've ever seen.

This.

But its almost seen now though that if you suggest this you are anti-Adama and pro-Garde.

How has this happened already???

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, useless said:

Sunderland have two days less rest than us ahead of the game at the weekend.

As if that ever matters for us

They will roll us over comfortably like every other side in the division does

I'd start Adama in the next game i don't see it happening though

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

wasnt impressed with his 30 min cameo.

Did some decent things.. but looked lazy and failed to pass on numerous occasions. He doesnt move off the ball and he just seems to get the ball on the touchline at a stand still. Yes he has pace to still beat his man but if he makes some runs behind defenders.. it would be more beneficiary. Dissapointing.

I think some people need to look up what selfish means. 

The most selfish man some have ever seen had 14 touches of the ball yesterday. He attempted 4 passes and 4 crosses. So the majority of the time, the most selfish player some have ever seen, looked to give the ball to their team mates. 

What **** rubbish.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think some people need to look up what selfish means. 

The most selfish man some have ever seen had 14 touches of the ball yesterday. He attempted 4 passes and 4 crosses. So the majority of the time, the most selfish player some have ever seen, looked to give the ball to their team mates. 

What **** rubbish.

I dont think hes selfish. I just think hes a stupid lazy player. Gabby like with better skills and ability. If he can learn and harness these skills he would be a top draw player. The only time i saw him run hard in defence against Norwich was to purposely drop a Norwich player out of frustration. if he did that all the time.. just to get back and defend rather than being childish.. it would improve his performances.

Edited by KSV

Selfishness isn't just not passing.

I've never seen him work for the team. Compare him to Ayew. Ayew ran himself into holes yesterday by not passing, but he always works his arse off and clearly gives a shit.

I don't see that with Adama.

Numerous times yesterday he was stood still while we were attacking while being motioned where to go. He doesn't track back. I don't even think it's laziness. He just wants the ball and then he can do what he wants with it.

Pretty linear thinking thinking 'he tried to pass 4 times and crossed 4 times = not selfish'

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't get how anybody can watch Adama and say he isn't selfish.

Very bright talent but the most selfish player I've ever seen.

I'd rather someone selfish who is capable of damaging the opposition than someone shite like Sinclair who offers absolutely nothing. 

It's time to roll the dice, starting with Sinclair is going to get us no where. 

The problem with this kid isnt talent. His pacy dribbles are amazing. The problem is that it is all he does. Not even his  own teammates trust him to pass the ball. They know he'll rather have a go at all 8 defenders in front of him even if it is obvoius that a simple one-two can loose most of them.

There were at least two clear examples  of this yesterday. At  one point he actually made a five feet pass to Gestede. I know Gestede isnt the most mobile player in the world but he didnt connect to the pass. It was obvoius that he was suprised it even came.  A little  later Hutton passed to ball to Adama. Hutton didnt even attemt the overlap(is that the english term for running past teammate and opponent?). Had Hutton passed the ball to any other he would  have made the run. 

Even with all the qualities he has, having him on the pitch disrupts any sort of teamwork. Was I the only one that noticed the negative effect he had on our general play? 

It could tale ages for him to adapt to football in any league that is  better than the segunda. Where he is now, his  opponents are actually capable of dispossesing him. When he acknowledges that, hopefully he' ll be more of a team player.

Edited by jsam
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Feidhlim said:

I think this kid would be better if played up front with Ayew

If he beats the defender he will hopefully be through on goal. If not, perhaps he can at least pull a defender out of position.

Someone floated that idea before and I thought it was a decent shout. 

Up front he wouldn't have to worry about doing Sinclair's 'great' job of protecting the back four. Plus his pace would have most centre halves very worried indeed.

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Selfishness isn't just not passing.

I've never seen him work for the team. Compare him to Ayew. Ayew ran himself into holes yesterday by not passing, but he always works his arse off and clearly gives a shit.

I don't see that with Adama.

Numerous times yesterday he was stood still while we were attacking while being motioned where to go. He doesn't track back. I don't even think it's laziness. He just wants the ball and then he can do what he wants with it.

Pretty linear thinking thinking 'he tried to pass 4 times and crossed 4 times = not selfish'

So not running as much as ayew makes you selfish? 

Yeah, daft thinking isn't it. Using the fact he tries to pass to his team mates most of the time. Ah well, I guess I'll just go with your detailed opinion of him being the most selfish player you've ever seen. You did support that well.

Â