Adama Traore

mwj

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Sounds like he's on the bench again. 

Excellent, things are going so well by doing the same thing each week.

in fairness the wide open spaces of St.James Park will be perfect for the unknown skills of Sinclair

• Like 1

Sherwood didnt even have him on the bench. Barca got rid of him as he doesnt pass. He wont be taught.

So where does that leave him.. he can finish and he has pace. We dont have any threat up front. Stick up him front with Gestede. Let Gestede flick on some balls to him and see the opposition defenders get scared.

I genuinely don't see how you can't agree with Garde here. I think he is absolutely right.

The kid is utter pants at the game, apart from running at pace with the ball and a few step overs.

Take his first minute dash at goal out of his Arsenal performance and he looked like a body building fan pulled out the crowd for the last few minutes. Crap step overs with one going out for a throw in, and then completely confused when he has do anything else but sprint.

At present he is an over developed 11 yr old, and a complete waste of money. He is two seasons off being ready for this league.

At this moment we can't carry a player like that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

I genuinely don't see how you can't agree with Garde here. I think he is absolutely right.

The kid is utter pants at the game, apart from running at pace with the ball and a few step overs.

Take his first minute dash at goal out of his Arsenal performance and he looked like a body building fan pulled out the crowd for the last few minutes. Crap step overs with one going out for a throw in, and then completely confused when he has do anything else but sprint.

At present he is an over developed 11 yr old, and a complete waste of money. He is two seasons off being ready for this league.

At this moment we can't carry a player like that.

yeah but we are bottom of the league we might as well try the old wildcard tactical switch. not going to make things any worse

the other players that have played out wide havent set the world alight

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

yeah but we are bottom of the league we might as well try the old wildcard tactical switch. not going to make things any worse

the other players that have played out wide havent set the world alight

I see what you're saying - I just think he is so poor off the ball. I'd love more than anything for him to serve some humble goodness for me to chow down on.

I think he should be given a start but, like a lot of people on here, think it should be in more of a striker role. We have a lack of forward options, he refuses to pass anyway, he can beat a man and will take a shot. What's to lose? At least give him the confidence of a start and then take him off after 60 if it's not really working, can't see how he'd be worse than any other striking options.

We are relegated anyway so we might aswell tak e the opportunity to blood him as well as some other youngsters to see if they can improve with games. I suspect that's what will happen eventually but it won't be until the last 15 games of the season when everyone will accept we are down.

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

We are relegated anyway so we might aswell tak e the opportunity to blood him as well as some other youngsters to see if they can improve with games. I suspect that's what will happen eventually but it won't be until the last 15 games of the season when everyone will accept we are down.

Thing is, we're not relegated.

We do actually have a chance to get out of this, albeit a slim one, and it hinges on the next few games.

I can completely understand not starting with Traore, although I would like to see him get a long substitute appearance this week as opposed to last week's cameo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

If he starts and he's crap and we lose, how is that any different to the other 11 games where that's happened this season?

You're essentially saying Garde might as well just play the U21s in a game because, if we lose, it's not any different than before.  Nonsense.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Adama start but I can't see it being this week. Newcastle's recent wins and other wins have come when counter attacking teams quickly. I can't see Garde setting up with a team that is going to have wide players who don't track back.

Obviously this is pure conjecture, Adama might be an absolute beast defensively, some how I doubt it though.

25 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You're essentially saying Garde might as well just play the U21s in a game because, if we lose, it's not any different than before.  Nonsense.

We're not quite at that point, but it'll come within the next ten matches. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Well done for missing the point

I think I see your point in that the manager has to keep up the pretence that it's still possible for us to stay up. That's why I said it won't be until the last 15 games before we see Traore or other youngsters start to get game time when everyone accepts we are down.

It doesn't really matter anyway as there'll be plenty of meaningless games between now and the end of the season for Remi to assess players and see who's good enough for championship football.  

Â