Adama Traore

mwj

Ok - just seen the Ts and Cs so its basically a 3 year loan deal with Barca to pay our costs for training him if they want him back within that time. Then it becomes a 2 year contract with Barca having 1st dibs on him after that.

In order for us to make money on this deal he needs to be mediocre for 3 years followed by an improvement to a level that Barca wouldn't be interested in.

:/

Like I've said - I know nothing about him but IMO this is nothing more than a glorified long term loan deal so I'm not going to get all worked about it or fall in love with him.

I think you've managed to piss on your own chips there Eames. That's what happens when you go for one after giving a facial, sprays all over the shop.

Put your dick away and join the party. I saved you some of my chips buddy :)

• Like 1

Ok - just seen the Ts and Cs so its basically a 3 year loan deal with Barca to pay our costs for training him if they want him back within that time. Then it becomes a 2 year contract with Barca having 1st dibs on him after that. 

In order for us to make money on this deal he needs to be mediocre for 3 years followed by an improvement to a level that Barca wouldn't be interested in. 

Like I've said - I know nothing about him but IMO this is nothing more than a glorified long term loan deal so I'm not going to get all worked about it or fall in love with him. 

Tbh, most players are transients now. I wouldn't get attached to any. Just enjoy a good player strutting their stuff while it lasts.

As for the money, meh. If the club thought they were getting shafted I doubt they'd have gone for it.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 3

I look at it this way. If Barca rate him that much that they aren't willing to let him go permanently then we may have signed one of the best young players in the World. I don't care if it's a loan deal or anything as if he comes here gets several assists a season, creates goals, causes trouble for defenders, creates space etc.. Then he'll have done his job and then some, not every deal is about making £40-£50 million profit. We have signed a player we never thought would happen from a club we never thought we'd be doing deals with. We may be a "big" club but in some areas we are still small and we're not yet in the position to be like "you want a loan? how about we give you £25 million and we'll have him for good".. Maybe in a few years of success, but right now loaning guys like this even if it's for three years is better than nothing..

• Like 1

We sign a highly rated winger from the Champions of Europe and still some fans manage to have a moan.

Presumably this is aimed at me. 

I'd never heard of him before he appeared on this forum so I've no idea how "rated" he is. (Worth also noting that "highly rated" doesn't translate to "good" Freddy Adu was highly rated) 

All I'm saying is that if he is this sort of Uber wunderkid he'll be gone at the end of the season. 

If he's as good as the wankfest on here suggests great. I'll enjoy him whilst he's here and he'll take the club forward (which is what I really care about) but I'm not convinced this is a particularly good deal for the club unless is just a good solid pro. 

I think you've managed to piss on your own chips there Eames. That's what happens when you go for one after giving a facial, sprays all over the shop.

Put your dick away and join the party. I saved you some of my chips buddy :)

I LOL'd. 

• Like 1

If we become a top 4 or top 6 team in the next three seasons then I don't think anyone will complain about this being a glorified loan deal because we'll be in a stronger position than we are now and be able to attract players of this calibre more consistently. Win-win for both parties.

If we become a top 4 or top 6 team in the next three seasons then I don't think anyone will complain about this being a glorified loan deal because we'll be in a stronger position than we are now and be able to attract players of this calibre more consistently. Win-win for both parties.

That's exactly it and if he's that good and if we're truly in that position especially with all the inflated TV money going about, if he does go back to Barca we could easily be in a position to buy the guy back albeit now at a cost befitting of his status and our status in the Top 6.

I read it as they have a buy-back clause for the first 3 years, as in an agreed fee, not just what we paid. Then it's first refusal, i.e. if we sell they have first dibs but it's not a set amount anymore, so they'd have to match any other offers.

So basically, happy days. If he's that good that they want him back he will have been awesome and we'll make profit - as many others have said.

Welcome! Very exciting signing.

• Like 1

Have no problem with the buy back myself.

In order for them to buy him he has to hit the heights of probably something we have never ever seen before at Villa Park. I mean he'd have to perform extremely well every game.

Can only be a benefit to us in my opinion.

Sure they could buy him back and sell for profit but how many times have they done that? Equally we would probably have a notice period on it so we can adequately replace him if they do.

Wow. What a fantastic transfer window we've had.

If you'd have told me we were signing Amavi, Veretout and Traore I'd have asked who the multi billionaire running our club was.

We've signed three of the top European talents, that's stunning. Now they might not work out but the fact we've paid less than £10million for each and got them all in shows we've come a long way and it's quality and not quantity that this manager wants.

Shift the dead weight and we might be able to squeeze in one or two more signings. 

Tim Sherwood, amazing scenes. Transfer maestro, hopefully his coaching is as strong.

• Like 2

We don't know any real details of this buyback clause. I would imagine that this is probably quite common when dealing with Barca, but I wonder just how often they exercise their rights?

There is the possibility that Barca buy the player back just to sell him again for a profit, but surely the player gets a say in this too?

Anyway, I don't really care. I just hope he's a great success here at Aston Villa. 

Where did you get that info?

Delighted with this signing, gonna be really exciting watching him play. :)

Â