Adama Traore

mwj

Oh my giddy Aunt, what a signing!

So when all are fit we could be lining up like this:

---------------------Gestede-------------------------

Grealish---------------Gil---------------------Traore

-------------Veretout--------Gana----------------

I could see that lot kicking the back doors out of more than a few teams this season.

• Like 3

Is the "3 year buy-back clause" meaning they can only buy him back within the first 3 years or, they can only buy him back after he has played for us for 3 years? In which case, would leave us open to losing him at any time in the future.

Not quite sure what all that means but I do know that I am mega excited to have this talented player playing for the Villa. No offence to any of our other signings but I have a feeling that Traore will leave Villa fans asking "Christian who?"

Welcome to the Villa, Adama! We all cannot wait to see you on those runs where you leave defenders lying on the ground before making the keeper look stupid by shooting through his legs and into the empty net :flag:

Is this still Aston Villa? I'm sort of confused, I get that I was walking dazed for the last few years with such wonderful chaps as McLeish and Lambert hanging around but, seriously ... The calibre of player and foward thought put into pure yuff investment would make Byker Grove jealous.

We don't know any real details of this buyback clause. I would imagine that this is probably quite common when dealing with Barca, but I wonder just how often they exercise their rights?

There is the possibility that Barca buy the player back just to sell him again for a profit, but surely the player gets a say in this too?

Anyway, I don't really care. I just hope he's a great success here at Aston Villa.

They do buy back former players, Jordi Alba and Aleix Vidal being recent examples. However this is usually many years later and for mega bucks rather than as a buy back deal. When it comes to the first team Barcelona only buy world class players full stop so if they want him they will have done well out of the deal. I'd also imagine the fee would see us amply compensated.

I cannot think of a single example of them buying back a former player to sell on for a profit. I dont think that will happen.

It does happen though - which is why Alderwield (or whatever) is at Spurs now instead of Saints.

He was loaned to Southampton with an agreement to buy in place, but that agreement was severed and Saints compensated as he was worth so much more money than the agreed price.

You are right but what's the difference really between that and our arrangement with Barca?

Ok Saints got surprised buttsecks - all we've done is agreed to it in principle within a time period.

Anyway enough of this. Lets just agree to enjoy him whilst we've got him. :)

I just think that Barca's incentive is to protect themselves from losing a potentially world class player to a direct rival, via Aston Villa. I don't think they need the money in the same way as Atletico just to mess with lil ol' Aston Villa.

Plus, we have no idea what price they supposedly agreed upon should they wish to buy him back.

Just my opinion, but I think they've got bigger fish to fry than to be messing around with this player if he becomes merely 'very good'. He'll have to be attracting the attention of the very top teams for them to step in IMO.

We don't know any real details of this buyback clause. I would imagine that this is probably quite common when dealing with Barca, but I wonder just how often they exercise their rights?

There is the possibility that Barca buy the player back just to sell him again for a profit, but surely the player gets a say in this too?

Anyway, I don't really care. I just hope he's a great success here at Aston Villa.

They do buy back former players, Jordi Alba and Aleix Vidal being recent examples. However this is usually many years later and for mega bucks rather than as a buy back deal. When it comes to the first team Barcelona only buy world class players full stop so if they want him they will have done well out of the deal. I'd also imagine the fee would see us amply compensated.

I cannot think of a single example of them buying back a former player to sell on for a profit. I dont think that will happen.

It does happen though - which is why Alderwield (or whatever) is at Spurs now instead of Saints.

He was loaned to Southampton with an agreement to buy in place, but that agreement was severed and Saints compensated as he was worth so much more money than the agreed price.

You are right but what's the difference really between that and our arrangement with Barca?

Ok Saints got surprised buttsecks - all we've done is agreed to it in principle within a time period.

I just think that Barca's incentive is to protect themselves from losing a potentially world class player to a direct rival, via Aston Villa. I don't think they need the money in the same way as Atletico just to mess with lil ol' Aston Villa.

Plus, we have no idea what price they supposedly agreed upon should they wish to buy him back.

Just my opinion, but I think they've got bigger fish to fry than to be messing around with this player if he becomes merely 'very good'. He'll have to be attracting the attention of the very top teams for them to step in IMO.

This isn't similar to the Southampton deal at all. That was a loan with an agreed fee after the 12 months.

We have bought Traore. Paid money outright for him.

Barcelona have included a clause to say... "If we fancy him back within 3 years we may come knocking" or "if you try to sell him to someone else, you need to let us know first in case we want him"

We OWN the rights to the player.

If he gets even close to the level required for Barca to want him back he would have been outrageously good for us and as others have said, will have helped us up the table massively. This isn't the 80s, it's modern football In 2015, players rarely stay at one club for any significant amount of time, especially if they are great players. Money dictates that

Anyway, I digress...

Amazing signing with so much potential, can't remember the last time we had a player to be excited about every time he gets the ball!!!!

So much positivity around the club right now, so exciting!

Edited by sturae229
  • Like 3

Yes! Excellent news. This has to be the best transfer window in terms of quality and quantity for a good long while. Certainly since O'Neil left (not that he singed exclusively good players!).

So pleased with this. It must be the most ITK'd transfer for ages though, a lot of people claiming to know it was done/not done. Strange, I never really hear anything except on here or of Twitter (which is 99% bs), perhaps I'm just not listening closely enough.

Anyway, delighted. He showed more talent in that 14 sec clip of keepy up than Sylla, Tonev, and Beye showed in their Villa careers put together!

If he transforms our playing profile there will be lots of spin offs of profit that we will benefit from.....You wouldn't want to do too many deals like this, but if he turns out special, it could be a great deal.

also if he does turn out to be THAT player and the predators come calling.....Wouldn't the buy back clause be an obstacle for potential buyers....surely Barcelona being involved makes it complicated and more likely for us to have 3 years out of him.

The buyback clause makes me more excited. The best team in the world obviously think he will turn out to be a world class player.

It's not like we're signing a Barca reject.

.....That for me is the way to look at it

Â