Adama Traore

mwj

We don't know any real details of this buyback clause. I would imagine that this is probably quite common when dealing with Barca, but I wonder just how often they exercise their rights?

There is the possibility that Barca buy the player back just to sell him again for a profit, but surely the player gets a say in this too?

Anyway, I don't really care. I just hope he's a great success here at Aston Villa. 

They do buy back former players, Jordi Alba and Aleix Vidal being recent examples. However this is usually many years later and for mega bucks rather than as a buy back deal. When it comes to the first team Barcelona only buy world class players full stop so if they want him they will have done well out of the deal. I'd also imagine the fee would see us amply compensated. 

I cannot think of a single example of them buying back a former player to sell on for a profit. I dont think that will happen.

It does happen though - which is why Alderwield (or whatever) is at Spurs now instead of Saints. 

He was loaned to Southampton with an agreement to buy in place, but that agreement was severed and Saints compensated as he was worth so much more money than the agreed price.

You are right but what's the difference really between that and our arrangement with Barca? 

Ok Saints got surprised buttsecks - all we've done is agreed to it in principle within a time period. 

Anyway enough of this. Lets just agree to enjoy him whilst we've got him. :) 

• Like 1

So... The buy back clause.

Can someone explain exactly what it means? Does it give Barca the right to buy back, whether we want to or not? At an already agreed price?

Have we seen this clause used and executed anywhere else?

I believe Barcelona do it a lot nowadays, after losing the likes of Fabregas and Pique as youngsters and having to pay a lot to get Cesc back, I think they'd rather flog them at a young age and then have a reasonable amount they have to pay to bring them back at a later date. Deolufeu has one, and I believe Romeu had one when at Chelsea but he has since moved to Southampton for £5m. It's sound business from them, and I wouldn't get too worried about Barca buying him back just so they can sell him on for a profit. They are hardly short of cash are they? It'll only be because he has turned into a world class player, in which case we will be laughing and I'm sure will still make a profit. At the worst case it will be like a loan in which we've made a profit.

• Like 1

We don't know any real details of this buyback clause. I would imagine that this is probably quite common when dealing with Barca, but I wonder just how often they exercise their rights?

There is the possibility that Barca buy the player back just to sell him again for a profit, but surely the player gets a say in this too?

Anyway, I don't really care. I just hope he's a great success here at Aston Villa. 

They do buy back former players, Jordi Alba and Aleix Vidal being recent examples. However this is usually many years later and for mega bucks rather than as a buy back deal. When it comes to the first team Barcelona only buy world class players full stop so if they want him they will have done well out of the deal. I'd also imagine the fee would see us amply compensated. 

I cannot think of a single example of them buying back a former player to sell on for a profit. I dont think that will happen.

It does happen though - which is why Alderwield (or whatever) is at Spurs now instead of Saints. 

He was loaned to Southampton with an agreement to buy in place, but that agreement was severed and Saints compensated as he was worth so much more money than the agreed price.

You are right but what's the difference really between that and our arrangement with Barca? 

Ok Saints got surprised buttsecks - all we've done is agreed to it in principle within a time period. 

Anyway enough of this. Lets just agree to enjoy him whilst we've got him. :)

I just think that Barca's incentive is to protect themselves from losing a potentially world class player to a direct rival, via Aston Villa. I don't think they need the money in the same way as Atletico just to mess with lil ol' Aston Villa.

Plus, we have no idea what price they supposedly agreed upon should they wish to buy him back.

Just my opinion, but I think they've got bigger fish to fry than to be messing around with this player if he becomes merely 'very good'. He'll have to be attracting the attention of the very top teams for them to step in IMO.

The buy out clause is not ideal and moving forward maybe we can resist this type of transaction....but for now perhaps we need to bite the bullet

Barcelona and Aston Villa are in a different stratosphere in terms of player development and subsequently Transfer Clout.....They have progressed to a place where they can dictate terms.....after years of demise, we need to catch up with teams that were recently around us or even behind us.

It seems to me we have the opportunity to work with a very special player ( time will tell) we should look at the quality of player side of it, hope the team develops and subsequently score on other transaction fronts in the fullness of time.

This deal could be the " touch paper" for what could turn out to be a very exciting firework.

Can we have a separate buyback clause thread

You can, but if it does really well in the next three hours, we want the option to merge it back in.
  • Like 4

..........I also think the buy back clause is a testimony of what Barcelona thinks of him.....If he was no good, they wouldn't bother.

I wouldn't mind borrowing Rita Ora for a few nights....I don't necessarily want to marry her :huh:

Edited by TRO

To the tune of La Bamba. I challenge you to get it out of your head once you sing it!!  :) Might be tricky when you are p1ssed up however  :huh:

"Adama dama Adama,

Adama dama Adama Traore,

Oh Tra-ore, oh Tra-ore,

A-a-dama.....A-a-dama....A-a-dama...A-dama

(repeat from top)

found this handy little write up/summary on a blog site. interesting.

Adama is the commander of the refugee fleet, and military commander of the evacuees of the Twelve Colonies. He is also the spiritual leader of the surviving Colonists, leading the quest for Earth. Adama is a native of the planet Caprica, which is where he graduated from military academy. Early in his career Adama was involved in a parapsychological research project at the Colonial Military Institute. He flew with his executive officer Colonel Tigh in their younger days, and later served as an aide to Commander Kronus aboard Battlestar Rycon.As well as being a career military officer, Commander Adama is also a member of the Quorum of Twelve, the governing body of the Colonies.

might be drivel but it's more fun than buy back clauses ;)

Â