Adama Traore

mwj

Ok - just seen the Ts and Cs so its basically a 3 year loan deal with Barca to pay our costs for training him if they want him back within that time. Then it becomes a 2 year contract with Barca having 1st dibs on him after that.

In order for us to make money on this deal he needs to be mediocre for 3 years followed by an improvement to a level that Barca wouldn't be interested in.

:/

Like I've said - I know nothing about him but IMO this is nothing more than a glorified long term loan deal so I'm not going to get all worked about it or fall in love with him.

Where did you get that info?

Delighted with this signing, gonna be really exciting watching him play. :)

BBC website - although I admit I've paraphrased slightly. 5 year deal. 3 year buyback and then 2 year 1st refusal on any sale. 

Ok - just seen the Ts and Cs so its basically a 3 year loan deal with Barca to pay our costs for training him if they want him back within that time. Then it becomes a 2 year contract with Barca having 1st dibs on him after that.

In order for us to make money on this deal he needs to be mediocre for 3 years followed by an improvement to a level that Barca wouldn't be interested in.

Like I've said - I know nothing about him but IMO this is nothing more than a glorified long term loan deal so I'm not going to get all worked about it or fall in love with him.

BBC website - although I admit I've paraphrased slightly. 5 year deal. 3 year buyback and then 2 year 1st refusal on any sale. 

It's not just paraphrasing, you've made that bit in bold up! It says they have a buy-back clause, doesn't say how much for and it certainly doesn't say it's what we paid for him.

• Like 1

It's not just paraphrasing, you've made that bit in bold up! It says they have a buy-back clause, doesn't say how much for and it certainly doesn't say it's what we paid for him.

I know its the internet and you're supposed to argue in great deal over semantics but what I've said is essentially correct. I haven't applied figures either. You can view a buyback clause (which is never going to be @ market rate) as a "thanks for looking after him payment" I'd imagine it would be more than we paid but nowhere near what he was "worth" if they wanted him back. 

We don't know any real details of this buyback clause. I would imagine that this is probably quite common when dealing with Barca, but I wonder just how often they exercise their rights?

There is the possibility that Barca buy the player back just to sell him again for a profit, but surely the player gets a say in this too?

Anyway, I don't really care. I just hope he's a great success here at Aston Villa. 

They do buy back former players, Jordi Alba and Aleix Vidal being recent examples. However this is usually many years later and for mega bucks rather than as a buy back deal. When it comes to the first team Barcelona only buy world class players full stop so if they want him they will have done well out of the deal. I'd also imagine the fee would see us amply compensated. 

I cannot think of a single example of them buying back a former player to sell on for a profit. I dont think that will happen.

So... The buy back clause.

Can someone explain exactly what it means? Does it give Barca the right to buy back, whether we want to or not? At an already agreed price?

Have we seen this clause used and executed anywhere else?

We don't know any real details of this buyback clause. I would imagine that this is probably quite common when dealing with Barca, but I wonder just how often they exercise their rights?

There is the possibility that Barca buy the player back just to sell him again for a profit, but surely the player gets a say in this too?

Anyway, I don't really care. I just hope he's a great success here at Aston Villa. 

They do buy back former players, Jordi Alba and Aleix Vidal being recent examples. However this is usually many years later and for mega bucks rather than as a buy back deal. When it comes to the first team Barcelona only buy world class players full stop so if they want him they will have done well out of the deal. I'd also imagine the fee would see us amply compensated. 

I cannot think of a single example of them buying back a former player to sell on for a profit. I dont think that will happen.

It does happen though - which is why Alderwield (or whatever) is at Spurs now instead of Saints. 

Also worth noting now with the PL TV deal it will be more likely to happen given that English clubs are disproportionately wealthy compared to their foreign equivalents. 

Edited by Eames

I would imagine the buyback would be exercised to prevent him going to one of their Champs League rivals, like Chelsea, Real, Bayern, et al, rather than to screw with Aston Villa just so Barca can make a bit more money.

Either way, we'll have to have one hell of a player on our books for that to happen.

• Like 1

It does happen though - which is why Alderwield (or whatever) is at Spurs now instead of Saints. 

He was loaned to Southampton with an agreement to buy in place, but that agreement was severed and Saints compensated as he was worth so much more money than the agreed price.

Welcome Jordan...

Oh... Welcome Adama... We hope you have an enjoyable stay. For the benefit of the environment, if you wish to have fresh towels, please deposit the used ones in the bathtub. The little claret and blue bottles of shampoo and conditioner are complementary... would sir like a newspaper or an alarm call in the mornings?

Be good Adama... be real good.

Â