Adama Traore

mwj

Ok - just seen the Ts and Cs so its basically a 3 year loan deal with Barca to pay our costs for training him if they want him back within that time. Then it becomes a 2 year contract with Barca having 1st dibs on him after that. 

In order for us to make money on this deal he needs to be mediocre for 3 years followed by an improvement to a level that Barca wouldn't be interested in. 

:/ 

Like I've said - I know nothing about him but IMO this is nothing more than a glorified long term loan deal so I'm not going to get all worked about it or fall in love with him.

Well there was a time when we never found out about, or cared about, the content of players contracts.......we have no idea of the terms that may have existed over the years.

So who cares ?

Treat it as what it is, a new signing as of today and for the foreseeable future. At least that way you can enjoy it fully, then if he goes, he goes, that's the nature of the game anyway !

What a window we are having.

At some point somebody in the media will notice.....or will they ?

And perhaps better if not..

• Like 1

FullerMagic has said on The Oatcake site "Villa are quite a fun team all of a sudden."  :) 

This is just it, I remember Fox saying when he first joined the club that the aim was to make us a more exciting and appealing brand. Shortly after that Lambert tried to change our style (which failed miserably), then this summer happens and a whole new footballing philosophy has been created at the club.We have been targeting players with a decent technique and who will excite the fans. Hopefully if the plan comes to fruition we will see an entertaining and succesful football team playing at Villa Park again (i don't mean the opposition before anyone says :D  ) 

Hopefully we are starting to see something similar to when Wenger took over at Arsenal and moved them away from the George Graham boring boring Arsenal, to one of the most exciting teams for neutrals to watch. If we manage to replicate that to a certain degree then Fox will have done a magnificent job.

• Like 1

Before we get too down about the terms of this deal....when we should be interested in the football this boy can bring.

Benteke was looking for a move every summer he was with us, so he was NEVER a long term prospect.

whats the difference?

Except one was a semi hidden agenda....this one is out in the open.

FullerMagic has said on The Oatcake site "Villa are quite a fun team all of a sudden."  :) 

This is just it, I remember Fox saying when he first joined the club that the aim was to make us a more exciting and appealing brand. Shortly after that Lambert tried to change our style (which failed miserably), then this summer happens and a whole new footballing philosophy has been created at the club.We have been targeting players with a decent technique and who will excite the fans. Hopefully if the plan comes to fruition we will see an entertaining and succesful football team playing at Villa Park again (i don't mean the opposition before anyone says :D  ) 

Hopefully we are starting to see something similar to when Wenger took over at Arsenal and moved them away from the George Graham boring boring Arsenal, to one of the most exciting teams for neutrals to watch. If we manage to replicate that to a certain degree then Fox will have done a magnificent job.

Stoke Forum seems alright actually. 

Sunderland and Liverpool however...  :wacko:

• Like 1

I agree with all of that....but remember, we have to win ugly sometimes as we did at Dean Court

These last few years we've seemed to really struggle getting deals over the line, or managing to complete deals for our more exciting targets. It doesn't sound much, but the thought of a player choosing us when there are other PL clubs sniffing around would've seemed highly unlikely just one or two years into the past. Brilliant that we're attracting a higher calibre of player, most of whom seemingly really want to be a part of the club. Seems that things are a lot more, stable, organised and convincing behind the scenes now because teams like Stoke etc shouldn't be able to out muscle us in the transfer market. The club feels like it's back on the up, and not before time. If this team can gel, and we add a few more players next summer, we could be looking at the strongest Villa squad in my lifetime. UTV!

Â