Adama Traore

mwj

Never heard of him. Never seen him play. 

Welcome Adama - no expectations but if one of the big boys comes in for you in 2 years time for £30m+ you'd have done your job for us. 

No pressure!! 

Definitely. Although there could be a last minute hitch with all the red tape, then it might not be revealed today #StevoITK

#genuineITK

AVFC announcement.

You heard it from steveITK first.

Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Adama Traore.

The 19-year-old winger has joined the club on a five year deal from FC Barcelona.

Traore - who has carved out a reputation as one of the most exciting young talents in Europe - becomes our tenth signing this summer.

And manager Tim Sherwood is delighted with his latest acquisition.

He said: "He's someone I have been tracking for a long time.

"He's physically a man - and he has been for some time. He's a big powerful boy, very quick, dynamic and a maverick-type player. Those players are few and far between.

"We're delighted he has chosen Villa to continue his development."

Traore, who has trained with the likes of Lionel Messi, Neymar, Luis Suarez, Xavi and Iniesta, joined Barcelona's youth set-up in 2004 at the age of eight.

He's played Champions League football for the Spanish giants and is excited about pulling on the Aston Villa shirt.

He said: "It's an honour for me to come here. It's a club that showed interest in me from the first moment and made me feel important in terms of their project.

"I have spoken to the manager and have a very good impression of him and what he wants from me. All this have made this club my top attraction.

"I would also like to express my gratitude to everyone at FC Barcelona for helping me develop as a player and as a person."

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4932308,00.html

• Like 2

Â