Rudy Gestede

midian

14 hours ago, chappy said:

Thought he was alright today actually. Is he a scapegoat or am I seeing it wrong?

No, I agree with you, he was actually okay yesterday. 

We need to buy a starting striker who's actually excellent as an urgent priority though. 

He simply can't lead the line alone, he's too damn slow, he either needs players continually making advanced runs from midfield to get close or even beyond his flick ons or he needs an out and out strike partner who will do the same thing.

It's extremely poor tactics from Garde to have Gestede up top by himself completely isolated like he was yesterday. 

Listening to TS the other day about West Ham against Everton, and that what a well balanced team they have , and what options they have with Carroll.When Carroll came on, West Ham changed their tactics, and kept putting decent crosses into the box.I can't think of one decent cross for Gestede yday.Put decent crosses in and Gestede will score.

Hutton must be the worst crosser in the history of the game.

Anyone remember King of the Hill, the cartoon Mike Judge did after Beavis & Butthead?

The intro to that pretty much sums up Gestede for me. The world game goes by around him, while stands still watching.

king-of-the-hill-o.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Anyone remember King of the Hill, the cartoon Mike Judge did after Beavis & Butthead?

The intro to that pretty much sums up Gestede for me. The world game goes by around him, while stands still watching.

king-of-the-hill-o.gif

you could also post that in the Westwood, Richards thread as well and a few others

• Like 2

He wasn't the worst offender by any means on Saturday, but he is crap. He tried hard but he has no control, touch, or awareness. I can't understand how he scored so many goals for Blackburn. They must have spent 90 minutes every game just pumping in crosses to the box to his head, and nothing else.

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

I always remember a TV interview with John Gregory where he threw some player video tapes in the bin. Clearly a man who knew what he was about 

then he signed Bosko Balaban :P 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

then he signed Bosko Balaban :P 

Hairy muff,  but then I see your Bosko Balaban and raise you an Olof Mellberg. To be fair though I think he signed Olof off the back of a great video tape....... 

On 25/03/2016 at 17:47, Dr_Pangloss said:

His sheer shitness is an assault to game of football.

Genuinely laughed out loud, well done Sir :thumb:

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Hairy muff,  but then I see your Bosko Balaban and raise you an Olof Mellberg. To be fair though I think he signed Olof off the back of a great video tape....... 

Mellberg played in Euro 2000 so dont think he saw him on videotape as final call

Â