Rudy Gestede

midian

I just remember Smalling bouncing off Benteke.... that was a sight to behold.

I'm sure that Gestede will be effective against other defenders. If you can play against cloggers in the Championship then the Premier League should be a bit more easier in a physical sense, although quite obviously defenders are more intelligent in the top flight, so it's up to Gestede to raise his game and I'm sure he will.

I think that's how a lot of Villa fans remember him, but that was some time ago and he's much much better now. 

So now that Rudy has two sub appearances under his belt, and with the potential of Gil, Adama, and Jack coming back, do we think Tim might give him the full 90 this weekend? Or still not match fit?

I'd like to see him have a full 90 sooner rather than later, see what he can do with balls being whipped in.

One trick pony i'm afraid 

Was dominated by the palace CB's all game people comparing him to Carew are having a laugh he actually had flair and would do other things than try and win headers

I just don't see Gustede picking the ball up in a wide area running at the defence and slotting it in the corner like Big John did against Rapid Vienna

I said it before and I'll say it again. If we don't get quality service into him he is not going to be a good player for us. The delivery, whether from open play or set pieces was diabolical. He had nothing to feed off in the box. With service I think he'd score double figures this season, without service he's going to become very unpopular on here. 

What we saw was the very worst of him, outside the box he isn't very good, he's statue-esque and has no pace. 

• Like 1

Think people were getting a little euphoric after the Bournemouth game thinking he was going to score 10-15 this season no problem.

If the crosses aren't up to scratch I don't really see how else he's hurting back 4s from his few games so far.

A squad striker for me.

Occational good header is not enough. Out.

Okay, we'll try and find a buyer then before the end of the transfer window, sorry he didn't please you. 

EDIT: in 154 minutes of Premier League football. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

He does need a bit more service too though. If lumpers into the box are his staple this season then he's feeding off scraps. It's a team game. When the support staff improve then I'm sure he will too.

Â