Rudy Gestede

midian

Bit 1 dimensional every team will know where and who the ball is going too when he starts,he needs time to gel but at this stage maybe a good impact player off the bench

Thing is Kaboul and O'Shea would've been delighted seeing him lead the line as they'd want to head away high balls all day...no surprise their defence looked clueless and we created when we passed it along the ground.

I think it's the problem like we had Crouch when he was here....players look up, see a giant upfront and immediately go to lump it long not that Gestede's all round game is anything great from what I've seen.

• Like 1

It's early but even at Blackburn I think he was pretty one-dimensional, in that all his best work is done with his head. If we were set up to play like Stoke under Pulis then he'd might be a bit more useful.

struggling with the pace of the league i think, wanted too much time. early on he kept waiting for the ball and o'shea kept nipping in front. i thought he got better though, some nice bits of link up (the drag back layoff in the buildup to richards chance) and he got himself more involved in the box - had some chances that i think he could have done better with, setup a nice chance for westwood.

Needs to work on his movement off the ball

I think he will always be limited to some degree in not having the greatest movement or pace, hopefully he has enough of a footballing brain to gain better positioning as he plays with the team more and gets dialled in to premiership football. I think setting the team up to play to his strengths solely though would be suicide, it was okay with benteke as he was a top drawer player but gestede isn't of the same calibre, so to gear the team up just for him to magnify his strengths would just stifle the team in my opinion

If we're relying on him for goals then we could indeed be relegated. As it happens I think as the season goes on he'll be used as more of a player to come from the bench. I imagine that was the intention when we signed him and when it looked perhaps like we were going to sign Adebayor.

If he was a 19yr old bought from the championship id give him time.

As it goes, he isn't.

Could be one of the reasons we may be relegated this year

i dont know which part is more ridiculous 

Was probably bought as plan B striker and he'll be fine as that. Not giving up hope of him improving his all round play though. We need another striker (Adebayor) who has more to his game than being a threat from corners.

This was the signing that concerned me the most. This might sound awful and improbable, but if there was a deal to be done I'd offer him to Wolves in part exchange for Afobe.

You are right, it does sound awful

Gestede, for me, wasn't purchased as a number 1 striker. We're still waiting for that player, although we are running out of time

• Like 1

Â