Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Obviously you have to be sensible and use your head a bit when looking at the Fifa/Football Manager ratings and turning them into real life judgement...

But both put a lot of effort into research. Using it a rough guide isn't the most ridiculous thing in the world.

Now this dude IS highly rated. Looks a great signing. Its going to be mental watching the first game of the season as we're going to have about 5 first looks at new players  :D

And the rest

We could have a whole new defence to look at

A whole new midfield to look at

Two new strikers to look at

In fact when was the last time a team had all ten outfielders making debuts?

-------------------Guzan

Crespo-----Richards-----New CB-------Amavi

---------Veretout----------Gueye--------Newbie

----------------------Praet

---------------Ade-------------Ayew

Only need another two or three to make this a reality

With TS being in the South of Spain the other day could your midfield Newbie be Darder?

After all Malaga is on the South Coast  :)

Been reading through some french forums about him and they do rate him highly. Also they reckon both Liverpool and Spurs made a bid around €15M, whereas we only bid €10M, so it is believed there will be one of our players going the other way (Hopefully Zog).

For the record, I have just summarised what I read ;)

Surely if Zog was going the other way we would only have bid 20 mill as we would have to pay them 5 to take him off our hands.

I didn't want to watch the clips reel until he's signed, but did anyway, now I'm anxious. Big moment for us if he signs.

I am the same. Have not watched the highlights reels on any of our new signings before they were signed, and have not done so on this one either.

Waiting for `in the shirt'.

don't mean to pick on anyone but can we please stop referencing their bloody ratings on FIFA.......

Makes me cringe every time and I can't be the only one?!

Sign of the times! Why bother watching someone play when FIFA can guess their ratings.

Because not everyone has the means to watch every Ligue 1 game whereas a lot of people do have games such as FIFA and FM, so what's wrong with using that as a baseline judgement?

And I can guarantee those types of comments only come out when talking about players who don't play in the Premier League, Championship or Champion's League, if we were trying to sign Joey Barton you wouldn't be seeing comments saying "well, he is rated high 70's on FIFA, he could be good" because most people will have seen someone like Barton regularly so can gauge his ability more from what they've seen rather than having to make hesitant guesses about his ability on the limited knowledge pool they have.

• Like 1

Looking like he's going to replace Cleverley, as well as be an improvement over him. Getting restless now, I'm scared this deal is gonna be hijacked. Get it done Tim!

same. it's what's got me stuck on this bloody forum when I (probably) should be doing something moderately productive. or something.

Same here.  Waiting for those bloody buses again...

I think we will start the season looking something like this:

------------------Guzan/New Keeper------------------

Crespo------Richards-----------Clark---------Amavi

----------------Veretout-----------Gueye----------------

------Ayew------------Gil/Praet--------Sinclair-------

-------------------------Adebayor------------------------

Bench of:

Bunn (or Guzan if new keeper signs), Okore, Hutton, Bacuna (Gil if Praet signs), Grealish, Sanchez, Agbonlahor

I think that starting line up would make the majority of Villa fans very happy!

I think we will start the season looking something like this:

------------------Guzan/New Keeper------------------

Crespo------Richards-----------Clark---------Amavi

----------------Veretout-----------Gueye----------------

------Ayew------------Gil/Praet--------Sinclair-------

-------------------------Adebayor------------------------

Bench of:

Bunn (or Guzan if new keeper signs), Okore, Hutton, Bacuna (Gil if Praet signs), Grealish, Sanchez, Agbonlahor

I think that starting line up would make the majority of Villa fans very happy!

I think either Sanchez or Westwood play defensive midfield. Can't see Sinclair being a starter myself. 

Before we call Dickie 'The Oracle', we all knew we needed to sign players. Anyone of us could have stated it would be a huge week for the club......if we sign Praet after his 'better get yourself a new pair of pants', then he is truely the chosen one.

• Like 1

Before we call Dickie 'The Oracle', we all knew we needed to sign players. Anyone of us could have stated it would be a huge week for the club......if we sign Praet after his 'better get yourself a new pair of pants', then he is truely the chosen one.

reeves-11111.jpg

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

reeves-11111.jpg

walla walla walla! I bow to thee oh almighty one!

Â