Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

I'm more than a little suspicious that this might have started out as a joke that has been lost in translation and the been picked elsewhere.

Just seems unlikely to be true to me but would be happy if it is.

Why would Veretout be unlikely?
Not saying he is unlikely more I find it unlikely Sherwood has targeted three players this window with the same name, just seems unlikely to me.

As for the player I've never heard of him and I've certainly haven't heard anything either way in relation to this link.

The cynercism is all my own :)

As I said in another thread, Johnathan Johnson is reporting this is happening so it must be true.

@Jon_LeGossip: Per L'Equipe, AVFC are closing in on Nantes' Jordan Veretout. FCN president Waldemar Kita says deal almost done with a "large English club."

He's been on point with all three French signings so far. He's a French football journo who happens to also be a villa fan.

Gutted! There was I thinking that we were going to sign a proper midfield talent and the president of Nantes goes and ruins it by saying that the player is signing for a "large English club" - not "The BIGGEST English club". ;)

What a player this lad is.  I'll be happy with this signing,  for me would be the best so far

Really? I'll admit that my usual reaction to links like this and most others we've signed this window is "yep, haven't heard of him either".

Seriously this lad is going to be special. I hope he stays long term but if we sell him I'll tell you here and now that he has the potential to basically shatter our record transfer fee received.  He'll dwarf it

Bloody hell. That's impressive.

Richard meant record transfer fee for a Jordan! ;)

I've never heard of him. I know you shouldn't go by FIFA but they spend a lot of money researching players. It's a good indication of how he is rated. He is currently rated 76 with the potential to rise to 84... (Delph is rated 75? And Aaron ramsay is rated 83). Obviously in reality things are a lot different.

I've never heard of him. I know you shouldn't go by FIFA but they spend a lot of money researching players. It's a good indication of how he is rated. He is currently rated 76 with the potential to rise to 84... (Delph is rated 75? And Aaron ramsay is rated 83). Obviously in reality things are a lot different.

They really don't.

Â