Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

if we sign this lad for 10m then we must be using money excluding sales consideirng we have only received 16m for tekkers

Not this again...

what? :mellow:

Everyone staggers payments.  We got 16 the same way Nantes won't be getting 10.

Untrue.. i lost a bet on this from something i read on here by a poster.  They were spouting off that City paid stearling in payments, 100% certain they were, were in fact City paid it all up front!

Just because City did it, doesn't mean it's not the norm.

Yeah just to clarify.  Using Man City as a financial example doesn't actually invalidate the original real world point :P  It's also the case that small purchases like a £500k player might be done in one lump as well.

Yeah just to clarify.  Using Man City as a financial example doesn't actually invalidate the original real world point :P  It's also the case that small purchases like a £500k player might be done in one lump as well.

:)  still i lost Money on it and i int got Citys wallet.

"I like Veretout a lot, hard nosed, smart and decent touch, can do many things in midfield, he's been rather highly rated for a while and he delivered to expectations every step of the way basically. Of the 3 Jordans i'd bet on him to have the most success." 

From the only frenchy i can speak to

If we can get him in we're really starting to take shape.

Rather than something like 

Grealish-----Praet----- Gil

Veretout-----Gueye 

I'd prefer

Grealish---------Gil

Veretout--Gueye

Darder (sits a lot for Malaga).

All exciting anyway, when I saw spurs were interested the other day I did research on him and was jealous!!

Edited by avfcwills10

I don't give a flying **** where the money comes from. as long as we're signing players I really don't give a shit at this stage. 

Very true buddy- keep them coming

Staying at Nice apparently (talk sport).

He doenst play for Nice so great source there :P

• Like 3

If we get this guy in, I'd be happy with our midfield. Wouldn't be against one more signing, but I'd say we've got enough there now. Another striker, then try get rid of the rest of the deadwood before we look to bring anymore in

Staying at Nice apparently (talk sport).

He doenst play for Nice so great source there :P

Haha, yes Nice have announced whilst whistling innocently that Jordan Veretout will be staying with them this season :P

Opps ! I think I may. Have misheard ! As you were ....

Probably the French guy Stoke were after. Plea, I think was his name.

Think there was something on the BBC earlier about him staying, and I think he's at Nice

I think we will start the season looking something like this:

------------------Guzan/New Keeper------------------

Crespo------Richards-----------Clark---------Amavi

----------------Veretout-----------Gueye----------------

------Ayew------------Gil/Praet--------Sinclair-------

-------------------------Adebayor------------------------

Bench of:

Bunn (or Guzan if new keeper signs), Okore, Hutton, Bacuna (Gil if Praet signs), Grealish, Sanchez, Agbonlahor

I think that starting line up would make the majority of Villa fans very happy!

Sinclair over Grealish...NO

don't mean to pick on anyone but can we please stop referencing their bloody ratings on FIFA.......

Makes me cringe every time and I can't be the only one?!

Sign of the times! Why bother watching someone play when FIFA can guess their ratings.

Because not everyone has the means to watch every Ligue 1 game whereas a lot of people do have games such as FIFA and FM, so what's wrong with using that as a baseline judgement?

And I can guarantee those types of comments only come out when talking about players who don't play in the Premier League, Championship or Champion's League, if we were trying to sign Joey Barton you wouldn't be seeing comments saying "well, he is rated high 70's on FIFA, he could be good" because most people will have seen someone like Barton regularly so can gauge his ability more from what they've seen rather than having to make hesitant guesses about his ability on the limited knowledge pool they have.

Everyone has the means, but do they have the inclination!

It's not really a baseline judgement it's some guy deciding a rating on how much they like the player or where they think they play, not for everyone but for most.

FM i'll give you, they have an established network of scouts which have been operating for years and years and they sell their data to clubs.

Discussing FIFA ratings starts conversation but more than anything it examples the lack of attention people give to rating a player. Many fans used to watch to judge, now they think FIFA can provide them a baseline opinion, it can't and it doesn't. it simply examples laziness, if you don't know about a player it's much better to say so or ask whether someone else does.

Definitely not having a go at you though, just making a general point attributed to a previous discussion.

Back on topic, Veretout is a prospect so once again Sherwood has done something we're not used to, beat the competition. Fair play to him.

It's certainly not laziness, the ratings on Fifa are put in place by FIFPRO and are supposed to be an exact representation of the player, so as to play correctly based on the team/players you select. Even if they are not always exactly correct, it certainly is a good way of gauging a player you know nothing about. At least to start with until you can gather more information from people who know more about said player.

Â