Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Lol this has been a proper weird summer.

Hasn't it? Ups and downs for sure. But buying heaps of quality and potential is exciting!

it's been one long emotional rollercoaster ride so far.

I'm gonna miss this summer assuming that future windows will just be fine tuning with one or two players. There is something about being linked and negotiating deals with almost an entire starting XI that is fun and exciting. It's not as fun when you know we only have like two targets especially with how Sherwood seems to handle things our window next summer could be over after a week..

This lad really does look the real deal. If someone said at the time, Delph was leaving but Veretout was joining, I'd have been devastated when Delph said he'd stay. And then thrown a street party when he decided to leave anyway.

That video above, the goal at 1:18. Not only is it incredible skill and well taken, his positioning for the shot was brilliant AND they were 1 goal down in the 80th minute of the match. To take that shot showed balls and belief in his ability.

I really like this lad. GET IT DONE

Looking like he's going to replace Cleverley, as well as be an improvement over him. Getting restless now, I'm scared this deal is gonna be hijacked. Get it done Tim!

same. it's what's got me stuck on this bloody forum when I (probably) should be doing something moderately productive. or something.

• Like 2

Looking like he's going to replace Cleverley, as well as be an improvement over him. Getting restless now, I'm scared this deal is gonna be hijacked. Get it done Tim!

And yet, another thing to commend the hierarchy on so far this window is that even though we seem to be aiming at quite ambitious targets, we've yet to have one blatantly and publically stolen from under our noses. Someone on here made the point earlier in the window that we might get stung by the sheer ambition in our transfer links (that we mightn't get them in). I take my hat off to Villa though because as far as we know they 'went for and got' who they wanted so far. And if they HAVE missed out on anyone, it hasn't been sprawled across the papers and they've just continued to get on with the job in hand.

• Like 4

Articles from a couple of days ago stating an "unnamed Premier League club" was in for Veretout seemed to suggest he isn't keen on a move to Spurs due to their abundance of midfielders and the fact it didn't work out for Capoue or Stambouli from le France.  Liverpool also mentioned but nothing quite as strong as the links with Spurs.

Again, this guy would be a class signing.

Â