Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Mohamed Bouhafsi ‏@mohamedbouhafsi  7m

7 minutes ago

Lorient accepted Aston Villa's bid for Jordan #Ayew this evening. Fee around €14m. Medical to be done tomorrow. #AVFC #FCL

Great news. Its all up to Tim now - this kid has huge potential and importantly a huge attitude, he plays like he believes he will be great and being second (or third) generation will know the work it takes. We'll have to manage and expect a few hot head moments and not be too surprised if he goes on strike when United or Chelsea come offering us big money for him...

Good to get him in, I'm pleased with this. I think it'll be hard not to judge him against the backdrop of Benteke but to do so would be unfair so I will try and keep and open mind.

Pleased we've got him in now with some preseason left, I always think signings after the season start must struggle to get up to speed/integrate more.

Can't wait til he's banging them in every week!

Edited by alreadyexists

**** Lorient, I hope we never do business with them again, and crush them in the Europa League and scare their fans

I was thinking to myself "In a fantasy scenario, how could we get them back?!".... Offer big money for 2 or 3 of their best players, then when they've come to England, talked about leaving in the press and had a medical, we then change our minds and send them back, disrupting their team and their pre-season?

Obviously that's not what Villa do (though some people on here would have no problem with that, as players are under contract and you can basically f**k about with their careers as you wish, according to some), hence 'fantasy'.

I'm guessing that this could make teams hesitant to deal with Lorient in the future though, and instead of bidding for a player with 1 year on their contract, maybe the buying club will just make the player aware and take them for free in a years time, to avoid a similar 'Yes.. wait we want more' scenario.

Jordan Ayew should join Aston Villa on Sunday, where a five-year contract ahead. According to our information, Lorient and English leaders are almost agreed on the transfer fee (around 12 million euros with bonuses). Bought 5 million euros a year ago, the Ghanaian striker (23 years) is going to leave Lorient, where he scored twelve goals and six assists issued last year. Ayew is going to win the case, who had expressed his annoyance in everyday life Saturday after refusing an offer from English club.

L'equipe

**** Lorient, I hope we never do business with them again, and crush them in the Europa League and scare their fans

Nooooooo… Please tell me i haven't missed something?.. 

Ta **** with the Thursday night & Sunday evening combo!

Â