Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

Don't think he's a direct replacement for Benteke. Seems to me Sherwood is keen to spread goals throughout the squad rather than through one player, which was almost our downfall last season. 

• Like 1

So it's perfectly fine for a club to accept a bid (as Lorient presumably did), for the player to hop on a plane, travel to a different country and then be told 'actually we want more money, so come back on another plane or get your NEW club to offer more money' ?

I see nothing wrong with him coming out with comments (other than that he does come across as a bit petulant) :D what Lorient have done is a bit unfair on the player.

My company sends me on planes to places all the time, I just do as I'm told. I don't start threatening to effectively go on strike, they'd telle where to go.

That is not remotely similar to what is happening here though.

• Like 1

So it's perfectly fine for a club to accept a bid (as Lorient presumably did), for the player to hop on a plane, travel to a different country and then be told 'actually we want more money, so come back on another plane or get your NEW club to offer more money' ?

I see nothing wrong with him coming out with comments (other than that he does come across as a bit petulant) :D what Lorient have done is a bit unfair on the player.

My company sends me on planes to places all the time, I just do as I'm told. I don't start threatening to effectively go on strike, they'd telle where to go.
Thats neither here nor there. My company sends me all over the place too, and they pay for it, but that doesn't mean that it's right for a Football Team to say "we've accepted an offer, you can travel a few hundred miles to discuss terms and have a medical............... No wait, we've changed our mind. Your trip was pointless, come back, get the next plane if you can, we have training in the morning"

Don't think you'd be giving such sympathy if this was a villa player refusing to turn back up for work...

Dont think Villa would go back on an acceptance of transfer fee & then tell the player to get more money from them. Not how you do business once you have given approval for the player to speak to the club. If the player cannot agree personal things, thats a different matter.

• Like 1

Would you not be annoyed with a player if a Villa player did this? I don't blame him for reacting this way but if this was Delph or Benteke we'd be slating them. 

No, because it is the club at fault here, not the player, and I would hope that our club would not do that. It is extremely unprofessional.

Would you not be annoyed with a player if a Villa player did this? I don't blame him for reacting this way but if this was Delph or Benteke we'd be slating them.

No, because it is the club at fault here, not the player, and I would hope that our club would not do that. It is extremely unprofessional.

I think most of us would still critisie the public comments, even if we could see they were somewhat justified.

Of course but most football fans wouldn't see it that way. 

Of course but most football fans wouldn't see it that way. 

Not sure, I think I would give fans more credit than that. I would be disappointed if you are right.

a Villa player did this before he joined as well

he left for Liverpool the other day ;)

• Like 1

Honestly I chuckle to myself, had this been a villa player the furore of melt down on this place would be off the chart.

I don't begrudge the guy feeling aggrieved... Perfectly understandable. However refusing to train is showing real petulance, that as another employer I'd be thinking I don't want people like this at my club.

There's many reasons they want more money, talking to other clubs offering more or whatever. Verbal agreements are just that, things change...not a good move by their club but the guy is still under contract. Just like suarez was under contact at liverplop despite being a "verbal" buyout clause that arsenal tried to trigger.

Any additional transfer fee should be based on him keeping us in the league. Next summer we will have the bonus of the TV deal so should not be bending over now for players who may not have a massive impact.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 1

Â