Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

I don't think he would put the work in on the pitch to set any example to our team, if nothing else our lads work hard , he wouldn't.

He would do what's natural to him and collect the money and put next to no effort in.

If he really wanted to play for us then he would have took a pay cut and made the deal possible rather than just let the deal die while Levy waits for us to pay all his wages and we wait for Levy pay some towards the deal, which is where i see this deal ATM .

Edited by tinker

footballer nowadays don't want to play football, they want the rich lifestyle.

Nope - that's not true and not fair on the vast majority of footballers. You can't hold up people like Adebayor, Balotelli or N'Zogbia and say that they're representative of footballers as a whole because they simply aren't. 

• Like 2

I thought Adebayor gives lots of his money to charity anyway? Or is that just a myth?

Apparently he demands high wages as he donates 50K a week to his charity in Togo.

Google Emmanual Adeybayor foundation if interested.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Nope - that's not true and not fair on the vast majority of footballers. You can't hold up people like Adebayor, Balotelli or N'Zogbia and say that they're representative of footballers as a whole because they simply aren't. 

Exactly, example 1, James Milner. Took £65k per week pay cut to play first team football.

That's James Milner who didn't have a contract at the time and wasn't offered one £65k higher than his deal at Liverpool.

Also, are you telling me he is on £35k a week now?

Man City wanted to keep him, if he'd stayed with them he'd certainly be earning a lot more than he would at Liverpool who do not have Champions League revenue or an Oil rich Sheikh owning them.

fair comment...but the ones who are looking for just the lifestyle do seem to be a growing trend.....but i guess it comes back to the old line of all workers....they want the money but don't want to work for it.

Don't quote me on this but I thought James Milner only took a 15k pay cut. Man city offered him 165k and Liverpool offered him 150k.

That can't be right.

Pretty sure Milner uses the PFA, or he used to, when negotiating his deals. That's 100% he is taking!

Exactly, example 1, James Milner. Took £65k per week pay cut to play first team football.

Isnt MIlner on 150k a week at Liverpool and the highest paid player at the club

Isnt MIlner on 150k a week at Liverpool and the highest paid player at the club

.......The lunatics have taken over the asylum