Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

You don't have to have seen a game to offer an opinion.

But when everyone who did see the game is saying a player played well, and you haven't seen the game and are saying a player didn't play that well, there's one glaringly obvious reason why your opinion might be different.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You don't have to have seen a game to offer an opinion.

But when everyone who did see the game is saying a player played well, and you haven't seen the game and are saying a player didn't play that well, there's one glaringly obvious reason why your opinion might be different.

My point of him not playing to the levels ppl were suggesting goes further than the last game. Hence why I openly admitted I'd not seen the game.

For example..... 'another top performance'. 'Blistering form'. These are phrases that were used that hint that ppls opinion travel further back than the last game.

I've never seen him in blistering form nor give a top performance.

What is quite ironic is how any neutral opinion that I have seen regarding the qpr game doesn't match those of villa fans who might be a tadge biased.

The Birmingham mail highlighted 3 important performances from the game..... amavi wasn't included.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Haven't you seen him play like 4 or 5 times?

It's more than that. Not sure what your point is though? My statement was that I'd never seen him put in a top performance or blistering form. Fwiw I've seen his previous 5 performances before qpr. Some were good. Some were ok. Some were absolutely awful.

And that pattern kind of coincides with what the commentary hinted on the radio.

For example they were raving about one particular cross he put in but then highlighting an awful cross he put in from a fk, and another incident where his pace got him out the shit.

He's a bit hit and miss for Me and another who makes some dreadful decisions. 

But like I say, he's more a positive than a negative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

I've never seen him in blistering form nor give a top performance.

he is a left back. he will only be noticed if he is getting skinned and cant think of any wingers that have tore him apart this season. He had Knockaert in his pocket who probably best winger in the league

• Like 1

I should say in advance that I don't think it's going to happen and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't let him go, but, just out of interest - if there is anything in the Liverpool/Marseille speculation, and given that we're unwilling sellers, what sort of price tag would you put on this boy?

I'd want £20m plus for the player - I think given his age, his value to us and his potential, he's worth that.

28 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I should say in advance that I don't think it's going to happen and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't let him go, but, just out of interest - if there is anything in the Liverpool/Marseille speculation, and given that we're unwilling sellers, what sort of price tag would you put on this boy?

I'd want £20m plus for the player - I think given his age, his value to us and his potential, he's worth that.

How long has it taken us to find a decent LB? I'd agree with £20m plus and i don't think we'd find a better LB. 

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Certainly I would take £20m.

I think his unforced errors defensively put a shade off top notch. 

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Certainly I would take £20m.

I think his unforced errors defensively put a shade off top notch. 

Which unforced errors? I remember him mistiming a header against Blackburn. That's about it. 

£20m. Minimum. He's going to the top. 

• Like 1

I'd love £20m for him, if he really has to leave, and fwiw I think he's worth it, but I think that there's little chance a top side would end up paying £20m for him, as when tops clubs come for players (especially in the second tier) they have so much leverage over the player. I'm not saying Amavi is disloyal (he seems quite the opposite in fact), but the lure of champions league has turned many a player's head. We wouldn't have to accept an insulting fee, but if a player's head is turned then the other club often hold the cards.

All hypothetical of course though, I hope he stays and gets another crack at the PL with us next year :)

I said 18m easier in this thread and some posters laughter at me that he isn't worth it. But for me he is a 20m left back. 

Thankfully that bozo fox didnt put a release fee like gana or I rely would have been angry. Also we don't have to sell as he has a 5 year deal. But if we get a 20m bid I'd support the club if he wanted to go and they felt they had to sell.

With 20m brucIE I think could do some serious strengthening and turn us into promotion chasers.

35 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Thankfully Big T doesn't appear to be someone who will take chump change for our players.

Left back has been a problematic area for us, no way should we be taking the piss, I can't remember when the last time was we had TWO good fullbacks on either side. Can you imagine how much better we will be when we have fixed that area, AND midfield?

2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

If a club like Liverpool come in for him, he's gone. I can't see what we could do to keep him. He'd be insane to pass up the opportunity, too (as much as it pains me to say it).

Welp "A club like Liverpool" would have to pay good monies!!! 15 mill plus Clyne.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Well if I recall the Barry saga we should be happy to sell for whatever we they want to pay and shouldn't stand in his way.

I take your point , but GB did gives us 12 years.

Â