Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

This reminds me of when Bacuna got linked to Arsenal in his debut season and people were on here saying they wouldn't take 10m.

I think Jordan is a lot better than that but let's not get ahead of ourselves...the lad is just back from a serious injury and after a tentative return is now starting to show good form.

Not for the first time I agree with Mark....I imagine Dr Tony will refuse to sell anyone decent in January but at end of season it will be a diffierent story if we don't go up.

We have to remember France under 21s still call him up so they think a lot of his ability, I'd imagine he'd be one of the few in that age group to be not playing in a top division of a european league.

So if there are ambitions to get a call up for the full French team it won't be playing in the championship.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

This reminds me of when Bacuna got linked to Arsenal in his debut season and people were on here saying they wouldn't take 10m.

I think Jordan is a lot better than that but let's not get ahead of ourselves...the lad is just back from a serious injury and after a tentative return is now starting to show good form.

Not for the first time I agree with Mark....I imagine Dr Tony will refuse to sell anyone decent in January but at end of season it will be a diffierent story if we don't go up.

We have to remember France under 21s still call him up so they think a lot of his ability, I'd imagine he'd be one of the few in that age group to be not playing in a top division of a european league.

So if there are ambitions to get a call up for the full French team it won't be playing in the championship.

Once again, we paid 9 million for him, he is the best Left Back we have had in years, and we pretty much have no backup. 

Premier League money has exploded.

It is what he is worth TO US!!!

Are you suggesting we should accept 9 million?

• Like 2

I would say he is tied as our second best player at the moment alongside Grealish (in terms of potential) but he's way ahead of Grealish in terms of performances this season, I would still cautiously hope Grealish can become a legend for us if he stays for most of his career. That to me says he is worth 25-40 mil and if Pool want him they have to stump up or feck off.

Based on actual performances this season i would prob rank our players

1) Kodjia
2) Chester/Amavi
3) Baker
4) Bacuna
5) Jed
6) Grealish/Adomah
7) McCormack/Ayew (how they played at the start of the season)
8) Gollini/Hutton/Gardener/Tish

I do feel if Tish had played more his ranking would be different

Edited by VillanousOne

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Just to clear this up before I laugh my head off.

Are you suggesting Jordan amavI is worth 25-40m?

He won't be far off in the future in my opinion, same goes for Jack Grealish, they are the future of this football club, same goes for Andre Green, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Easah Suliman and Niall Mason.  They are all brilliant and they will prosper in the New Year

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

31 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Just to clear this up before I laugh my head off.

Are you suggesting Jordan amavI is worth 25-40m?

25 mil now, more if he continues to improve. Plus i despise Liverpool so i would whack at least 10 mil extra on anything they have to pay us.

But yeah Football fees are utterly ridiculous.

Glad you find it so funny, you'll probably find Mrs Brown's Boys Xmas shit show will cause you to die laughing later.

22 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Once again, we paid 9 million for him, he is the best Left Back we have had in years, and we pretty much have no backup. 

Premier League money has exploded.

It is what he is worth TO US!!!

Are you suggesting we should accept 9 million?

Not at all....but I think if a bid came in for 15m and he wanted to go (in the summer) we'd accept.

We can talk about 20m  + fees but he's unproven in the prem, it's not like he played for the full French team and when did a championship player last go for that?!

Just as a guide Kurzawa who does get called up for the full French team moved from Monaco to PSG for 15m a year ago.

• Like 2

He's currently one of the best players in a pretty average championship side. 

He's got potential, but who hasn't his age?

He's just come back from a bad injury and has only recently held down a starting birth on a regular basis... finally cementing his place in front of aly cissokho.

The 25m claims are simply outrageous.

I don't think 15m is a reasonable valuation but football has got silly and someone will be daft enough to pay it.

He's probably done very little to actually increase his reputation/value given that he will have played well for nice (to attract buyers) and is now playing at a lower level.

Good player, going in the right direction. Massively overated by some villa fans imo.

So Liverpool or whoever puts up the 20, 25 mill or whatever, so who do we convince to come in to a Championship club to replace him? We will more than likely have to settle for someone of lesser value, which is basically the same crap that has been going on since Milner. We have to stop this selling mentality crap, because it is a large reason why we are in the shit in the first place. No sale.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

"Pool"?

Are you one of those that call it a "peno" as well? Pool sounds more like a term of endearment for a ***** of a club. Can't stand that club and I certainly won't be calling them Pool anytime soon. 

**** hell i'm being villified because i couldn't be bothered to write their name in full, grow up!

why don't you look at the post above that one where i say 'Plus i despise Liverpool so i would whack at least 10 mil extra on anything they have to pay us.'

you absolute grade A muppet!

Edited by VillanousOne

Just now, AshVilla said:

Hogan will apparently cost 11 mill but Amavi is barely worth 15 mill

Priceless

Yeah your problem here is that you assume that those thinking amavi isn't worth 15, think that hogan is worth 11m.

Fwiw, I've got a feeling hogan plays for Brentford but tbh, I don't actually know who he is never mind what he's worth.

Â