Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

We will be selling him for big money in 2 years time....,

Sorry to pick on you for this but I've seen posts similar to this a few times now.

Can't we see if the guy(and other potential signings) signs before we start talking about selling him.

I hope he does sign for us, and that if we do sell him we make money off it, but more than that I'd like to see him playing well in a villa shirt, especially at left back after some of the players we've had there in recent years.

Edited by jjaacckk91
  • Like 1

You guys need to get in the takeover thread pronto.

It didnt say anything newsworthy for me

Me neither . The manager stating that a takeover was dead, and that we may have to sell to buy, may be newsworthy to others mind you .

we have been closing in for the last month. Cant be that far away

Every day we get another half way there, he'll never actually sign.

im more worried we might overtake him and not be able to find him again

• Like 3

Laurie Whitwell ‏@lauriewhitwell

#avfc closing in on £9m signing Jordan Amavi from Nice. Bid accepted, personal terms no problem. More at @MailSport

Don't understand how they say personal terms won't be an issue and yet in the next sentence state he's not sure if he wants to come!

My guess is that, purely from a financial perspective, we would be able to cover his demands. There's also likely to be quite a few good players across Europe that we could afford to pay.

However, given how we seem to be creeping ever closer to the Championship, actually getting these players to want to join us is proving difficult.

The only shred of hope I have is that Sherwood and/or Reilly managed to convince Gueye to sign so I'm not writing this off just yet.

The sort we should be signing, young players about to break into major international squads (Amavi with France and possibly Praet with Belgium) and players who come from decent leagues aswell not facking Polish league that Tonev turned up from.

I'm all for this strategy even if it means selling him on in the near future. About 10 clubs who finish above us on a regular basis now seem to have no problem with that food chain.

his wikipedia says he plays for us lolz

Why do people always jump the gun with this sort of thing? You see it all the time. Do they think that by editing Wikipedia they'll make it more likely to happen?

his wikipedia says he plays for us lolz

Why do people always jump the gun with this sort of thing? You see it all the time. Do they think that by editing Wikipedia they'll make it more likely to happen?

What if that's how it works? Someone should update Messi...

• Like 1

we have been closing in for the last month. Cant be that far away 

He's unfortunately faster than we thought, every time we get close he just runs away again.. 

• Like 2

Â