Micah Richards

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Wow I remember that game, took my daughter to it for her first time to see the Villa play. We were in the middle of the upper Holte End, she still supports Villa even after enduring that spectacle!

Was that the game we were all singing to Lescott "it's a weight off your shoulders" ? Following some comment he made. Also at half time the song "your not fit to wear the shirt"?.....

This was 8 years ago......a lot has changed at Villa since those dark times !!!

I have burned that season from my memory. What was all the debris on the pitch at the second half?

21 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s amazing seeing so many empty seats at Villa park. 

It's amazing seeing Westwood get a brace

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I have burned that season from my memory. What was all the debris on the pitch at the second half?

I reckon I know exactly what it was.

The protest group against Lerner had put together a load of A4 signs that I believe were to be shown on the 74th minute. They had previously done “Out the door on 74” with people leaving the game and this was a variant of that. A visual representation of discontent for people who wanted to express ill feeling towards the owner but who also (inexplicably) wanted to endure the game.

I was handing out signs that day, I met @markavfc40 (whom I believe was chief organiser that day), @HanoiVillan and @Hev

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I reckon I know exactly what it was.

The protest group against Lerner had put together a load of A4 signs that I believe were to be shown on the 74th minute. They had previously done “Out the door on 74” with people leaving the game and this was a variant of that. A visual representation of discontent for people who wanted to express ill feeling towards the owner but who also (inexplicably) wanted to endure the game.

I was handing out signs that day, I met @markavfc40 (whom I believe was chief organiser that day), @HanoiVillan and @Hev

Crikey mate nearly 8 years ago. So much has happened since then at the club and I am sure neither of us have aged a bit 🙂 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

that 2nd southampton goal is a contender for the worst goal ive ever seen villa concede, from whatever that pass is from bacuna to how slow lescott and richards tracked back, absolute horror show

I had completely forgotten about that game. Watching it back, I saw better defending in my primary school days. 

He irritates the feck out of me with his giddy "expert" opinions. Compared to other ex pros who were actually excellent at their job he is just a buffoon who probably can't believe his luck jumping on the media gravy train.

Then again.....Robbie Savage has managed it....so anything is possible 

10 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Aston Villa

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, mottaloo said:

He irritates the feck out of me with his giddy "expert" opinions. Compared to other ex pros who were actually excellent at their job he is just a buffoon who probably can't believe his luck jumping on the media gravy train.

Then again.....Robbie Savage has managed it....so anything is possible 

At first, he was a breath of fresh air, then I started to realise he doesn't really have any insights, then he became omnipresent and I started to get a bit annoyed.

Now he just shouts and laughs while wearing clothes that don't fit him and I can barely tolerate him. I think he might fade from our screens, probably go full time on US TV.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Dare we mention the positive discrimination of broadcasters to tick the diversity & inclusion boxes, irrespective of talent?

No, not relevant. He is an individual.

• Like 1

Is he an unpleasant person @OutByEaster??

I get he won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but unless I’ve missed something I’m not sure I think of him as a bad person. I’m (now) aware of an incident in 2009 in which no charges were made so I can’t really say comment much on that. 

I guess I’m not sure how much him being the “court jester” is simply because that’s what they want from him. My memory is that Ian Wright once held a similar “comedy” pundit role (although perhaps not quite as boisterous as Richards) and subsequently morphed into a more serious pundit.

Just to be clear, I don’t think Richards will follow the same path.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

True. A talentless individual with no relevant qualifications compared to stronger alternative individuals.

It’s nothing to do with him being black. It’s to do with him being “hilarious”

Which he was to be fair. For like the first two or three games he was a pundit on. 

Then he got hired to do every show on every channel and it emerged his biggest talent was laughing obnoxiously loudly and it got old quick. 

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's emblematic of the new breed of idiot-pundit, no longer employed for their experience or insight, but instead for their comedic value.

He is at once a crap pundit, a poor former player, an unpleasant human being and a symbol for the decaying standards in broadcasting and the lack of intelligent comment in public life. 

I hope he bursts off the scene as soon as is humanly possible.

I can't remember what I saw him on but he was talking about the Lescott Mercedes tweet - I could tolerate him before that, I wasn't a fan, but that explanation about how he 'pocket dialled' a photo of a new car onto twitter without realising what he'd done and then deleted it, no Micah, you took the piss, he took the piss, you're gonna spend your life on 'sports comedy' shows with James Corden and he's gonna eat your sandwiches when you're not looking. **** you pal. You could've been a good player, you were a pay cheque farmer with us. word removed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s nothing to do with him being black. It’s to do with him being “hilarious”

Which he was to be fair. For like the first two or three games he was a pundit on. 

Then he got hired to do every show on every channel and it emerged his biggest talent was laughing obnoxiously loudly and it got old quick. 

Oh. I thought he was gay. 🤣 

God I **** hated that team. Richards, Guzan, Bacuna, LESCOTT! I've managed to wipe it from my memory that much that I have clearer memories of the MON team. I think I gave up watching any of the games by about March that season. Horrid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Is he an unpleasant person @OutByEaster??

I get he won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but unless I’ve missed something I’m not sure I think of him as a bad person. I’m (now) aware of an incident in 2009 in which no charges were made so I can’t really say comment much on that. 

I guess I’m not sure how much him being the “court jester” is simply because that’s what they want from him. My memory is that Ian Wright once held a similar “comedy” pundit role (although perhaps not quite as boisterous as Richards) and subsequently morphed into a more serious pundit.

Just to be clear, I don’t think Richards will follow the same path.

I heard stories from friends(not football fans) who live in Manchester( it is speculation) about refusing to pay court approved outstanding funds to some people close to him

Edited by Zatman

Â