Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Richards, Gabby, Lansbury, McCormack, Drinkwater, Lescott, Bacuna, Ireland....

Legends in their own lunch time....

Edited by MaVilla

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/68742239 

Another bit of wisdom from our favourite LOL pundit. 

ABC 1-2-3 and he couldn't even do that. 

But it's nice that he doesn't like to slag off people. What a guy. 

"we signed overpaid shite who were on their last legs"

didn't watch but i'm guessing that's what he said about himself

He genuinely thinks he was a top player. 
He was a young prospect who was in the right place at City when they won the lottery (he managed to c0ck that up to a degree by rejecting a massive deal). He never delivered as a player at all. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

He genuinely thinks he was a top player. 
He was a young prospect who was in the right place at City when they won the lottery (he managed to c0ck that up to a degree by rejecting a massive deal). He never delivered as a player at all. 

A legend in his own mind

Just now, Zatman said:

A legend in his own mind

He sits with Shearer, Wright, Lineker, Carragher, Henry and thinks he is comparable :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

He sits with Shearer, Wright, Lineker, Carragher, Henry and thinks he is comparable :lol: 

I would put Carragher in same category 😉

Keane calling Richards out by saying defenders dont burst onto the scene summed up Richards for me and his delusion

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would put Carragher in same category 😉

Keane calling Richards out by saying defenders dont burst onto the scene summed up Richards for me and his delusion

In fairness to the child spitter, Carragher has a selection of honours including FA Cups, League Cups, UEFA cup & Champions league where he was a key player / captain.

Richards is a joke.

Micah aside are there any good long form interviews or podcast style discussion on what actually happened that season, I don't think I've ever watched but that clip has piqued my interest.

I think Richards has admitted himself that he was pushed too early. He’s said before that his pace got him out of trouble and positionally he wasn’t good. 

And I’d disagree with Keane. I think Richards did burst onto the scene. The hype around him when he came through at City was insane. He was genuinely being touted as a huge prospect 

The guy is a bit of an idiot, but let’s not rewrite history and pretend he wasn’t a massive prospect

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Micah aside are there any good long form interviews or podcast style discussion on what actually happened that season, I don't think I've ever watched but that clip has piqued my interest.

I think Hutton maybe spoke a bit when he was on a podcast thats it. 

• Like 1

Just watch Richards.  At 36 seconds in to this video you will see the lowest effort defending I have ever seen. He easily makes my all time worst ever Villa 11. He is a better pundit than a player though.

This is in no way an endorsement of Richards as a pundit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Just watch Richards.  At 36 seconds in to this video you will see the lowest effort defending I have ever seen. He easily makes my all time worst ever Villa 11. He is a better pundit than a player though.

It’s amazing seeing so many empty seats at Villa park. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think Richards has admitted himself that he was pushed too early. He’s said before that his pace got him out of trouble and positionally he wasn’t good. 
And I’d disagree with Keane. I think Richards did burst onto the scene. The hype around him when he came through at City was insane. He was genuinely being touted as a huge prospect 

The guy is a bit of an idiot, but let’s not rewrite history and pretend he wasn’t a massive prospect

he was definitely a huge prospect, you could see the rawness about him but he had all the physical attributes to make it to the very top, he could just train and work on his positioning and defensive frailties...never came though did it? I'm not sure if there was a lack of professionalism from him, a lack of a good coach to get hold of him or if deep down he just never had it but he never learned the defensive skills that he needed

he then stayed at city for probably 2 or 3 years too long in which time he won stuff but should have left, then it was all too late, then the injuries, then the shambolic decision by us to sign him, then more injuries

hard to know how it happened, bit of everything more than likely but a lot of the blame should lie with himself 

42 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Wow I remember that game, took my daughter to it for her first time to see the Villa play. We were in the middle of the upper Holte End, she still supports Villa even after enduring that spectacle!

Was that the game we were all singing to Lescott "it's a weight off your shoulders" ? Following some comment he made. Also at half time the song "your not fit to wear the shirt"?.....

This was 8 years ago......a lot has changed at Villa since those dark times !!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Yeah the Hutton podcast mentioned a few posts above is well worth listening to. It’s about an hour long but it’s very interesting- I think it’s linked near the end of the Hutton thread.

• Thanks 1

Â