Watford

VillaChris

Assume they’re desperate to stay up and are resigned to Pearson losing the last two games. 

Their only option is to bring someone else in an hope he gets a win with a bounce. 

• Like 1

I don’t know how, but earlier I managed to get to logical conclusion that the reason they sacked Pearson was because they were going into administration and therefore would be relegated anyway.

Somewhere that train of thought took a massive misstep :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

Just looking at the first page and Sanchez Flores in his first spell was sacked after comfortably keeping them up in their first season and nearly making the FA cup final.

Then Mazzari was a disaster and they finished 17th with the squad in revolt.

Logic then with appointments of Silva and Gracia.

Really Javi Gracia should've got far more than 4 games this season, talk he's going to be next Valencia manager.

One thing you can stay is this policy has kept Watford in the league for last 5 years as previously they were a Norwich style team who'd come up and go straight back down finishing bottom.

14 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Disgracefully run club

I think you argue about that, its worked for them for the last 6 or 7 seasons, they used the loophole of swapping players between the owners other clubs brilliantly

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

Plan A - Sack the manager. Plan B - Sack the manager.

Plan C - re-hire a manager you've previously sacked and sack him again 2 months later

Edited by Jimzk5

51 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I think you argue about that, its worked for them for the last 6 or 7 seasons, they used the loophole of swapping players between the owners other clubs brilliantly

Yeah but eventually that strategy backfires and blows up in your face 

Their defence is slow and lumbering but beyond that they have players who could improve us although we obviously wouldn't be in the front of the queue. Doucoure, Delefeou, Capoue, Pererya all decent enough although seems there's been a big lack of motivation with some of them this season under the different managers.

Reading the Watford forum earlier, their fans absolutely despise most of the current team. Call them lazy and uninterested. Most think this the most unlikeable team they have ever seen. 

7 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

13 managers in 8 seasons is a disgrace in my view, and if they go down they get what they deserve

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

13 managers in 8 seasons is a disgrace in my view, and if they go down they get what they deserve

Like I said though, for the most part it's worked, with the premier league a closed shop unless your spending a few hundred million every season, which watford are never gonna do, it's all about getting the cash that comes from just being in it and for 6 seasons it's worked

I bet those 13 managers ain't bothered either, they knew when they took the job a doggy spell would be the end with a nice pay off for a few months/years work

11 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Its pretty much the norm in Italy for mid-table teams. Palermo, Cagliari, Udinese etc always have a high turnover in management. Sometimes they bring the sacked managers back

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Like I said though, for the most part it's worked, with the premier league a closed shop unless your spending a few hundred million every season, which watford are never gonna do, it's all about getting the cash that comes from just being in it and for 6 seasons it's worked

I bet those 13 managers ain't bothered either, they knew when they took the job a doggy spell would be the end with a nice pay off for a few months/years work

I take your point, I just don't agree with it. I'd hate to be a fan of theirs. Plus if they go down watch all the mercenary players leave and then watch them spend years in the Championship

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I take your point, I just don't agree with it. I'd hate to be a fan of theirs. Plus if they go down watch all the mercenary players leave and then watch them spend years in the Championship

I agree with you, wouldn't like to be run like that but before this season I doubt very few watford fans were unhappy with the hire and fire policy

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its pretty much the norm in Italy for mid-table teams. Palermo, Cagliari, Udinese etc always have a high turnover in management. Sometimes they bring the sacked managers back

Maybe someone should tell the owners that Watford don't play in Italy

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Maybe someone should tell the owners that Watford don't play in Italy

Well it worked in Italy for them getting to Champions League so why wont it work in England. Prefer this risk then hiring the carousel of Bruce, Pardew, Pulis, Hughes etc

Leeds were the same with an Italian owner and QPR under Briatore must have went through about 10 managers in 3 years

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well it worked in Italy for them getting to Champions League so why wont it work in England. Prefer this risk then hiring the carousel of Bruce, Pardew, Pulis, Hughes etc

Leeds were the same with an Italian owner and QPR under Briatore must have went through about 10 managers in 3 years

Well I'll be glad if relegation is their prize....

Their forum is extremely salty. Claiming that the FA want them and Bournemouth relegated and so do certain teams. I've heard conspiracy theories before but it all seems a bit pathetic in all honesty. 

Â